Agnostic.com

4 0

Anyone Godless and Had Their Child Christened?

I have!

Zoidburg 5 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My eldest, yes. My other child, no. Peer pressure.

My parents wanted their only grandchild-born at 2.5ounces-receive her Hebrew name in their temple. My husband and I, both non-believers agreed to the ceremony .Their new rabbi proceeded to interrogate us about why we married-7 years ago-told him none of his business-no more questions. My mother got pissed at the rabbi and he was fired after my parents quit the temple. Meanwhile the ceremony took place. Never went in a temple again.

Nope.

But I am a godparent to a nephew - I promised to be his moral compass and teach him to think and make up his own mind. I was flattered when asked as never hidden my atheism from my family.

I went to church and everything! Mind you, the vicar was a bit taken aback at the rewording of the bit of the ceremony that applied to me which I insisted on.

I had mine Christened because it's tradition, it's huge gathering of family and friends with beautiful architecture. If you really don't believe in God you really don't care about what the meaning is supposed to be, it was an amazing day. I will also get married for the same reasons, I want to be married in a castle, however!

A lot of people are very religious with the way they display their non-belief of God.

Do any of you celebrate Christmas?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14346
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.