Agnostic.com

8 3

Polyamory question

What do you think of when you find out someone is polyamorous?

• 10 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 11 votes
Telegramsam70 5 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You didn't have this option but I'd say...doomed to pain! I don't see any way that ANYONE could live that lifestyle and not either BE hurt or HURT SOMEONE! Good luck to them!

I think you first need to decide if you mean polyamorous or polygamy? Polyamorous is just having your cake and eating it too. Polygamy is where multiple people are in a committed relationship.

More power to them... (Non of my business)

Greedy.

I don't judge it, but I find conventional relationships fraught with enough misunderstanding and unwanted drama as it is. I can't imagine making it geometrically worse.

Also from what I've heard, polyamorous people's biggest stated problem is jealousy. Not surprising. I think natural selection has that pretty hard-wired in, making it a doomed enterprise.

It depends on so many things. If it's a guy, my knee jerk reaction is, if he's hot, he's trying to get some strange. And if he's not, he's trying to get some strange. And then I grow up, throw out my knee jerk reaction, and try to learn more. If it's a woman, I tend to be a bit more understanding, although I have some knee jerks there, too. And if it's a couple, I wonder if it's because they are evolved or if they are trying to fix something in their relationship by opening it. But what do I know? I'm still trying to figure myself out.

Have been approached by friend who was a swinger. No thanks.

I also tend to think they must be very trusting of their partner and secure in their relationship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.