Agnostic.com

6 1

Does it help us to have as much reasoning as a religious church?

When do we back off from the proof of how and why we feel as we do? Are you satisfied in your knowledge? Can you just walk away feeling good enough to not explain your beliefs?

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can walk away now and not explain my beliefs, but when I was struggling to find my place in society, I couldn't! I wanted to contribute something... but somewhere back in my developmental process, I veered off the path, from where ALL the other people around me, were! If I spoke my true beliefs, I was demeaned, ostracized and even shamed! It has been, that only after I claimed my own 'nature'...good, bad and indifferent...that now, I can say, if your religion is good enought for you, then is fine with me! That took a lot of suffering on my part! As, I just wanted a place at the 'table!' But I found out...that I REFUSED to pay the price! So, here I am, with NO TABLE, and holding 'life' in my hands! So, I won...

Since I was self made on my childhood. I felt all my life good enough with what I feel not needing to corroborate or receive acceptance by others. May my journey continue as simple as it always been. I will leave the changing of the world to others.

You can do anything that you can do. The question is; can you do something that you can not do?

yes

Ok... everyone has their own answer.

I had the ability to reason growing up in the IFB cult which is why I think I am an atheist at this point in my life. I believe people who remain in that environment do not have the ability to reason.

JMcD Level 3 Jan 11, 2018

Thanks...

NO!

That's like trying to prove why a Cadbury's Cream Egg isn't real! Stop acknowledging them FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.