Agnostic.com

5 3

Things that brings you Joy with capital J to the point that you wished the word "blessed" meant anything to you.

The year is starting good for most of my family and even for those that no longer are family, they still are. Coming to think of all nephews and nieces not a single one is troubled by alcoholism or opiates use. Find it almost amazing. And if there is any, they are pretty good hiding it. Ex wife is selling the house that was once "ours", during the divorce I gave it to her, I am not into hanging on to material things. She is selling it to one of her nephews. Brings me joy because the house was the meeting place for her family and the house been embedded since childhood on those kids now grown and successful and will be kept in her family. My daughter selling her condo to buy a house. My son will put his house for rent when he/if he transfers to southern florida in pursuit of new dancing grounds and law schooling. My other daughter finally catching up and realizing that maturing is a never ending process. I will be returning to Vegas to hide among strangers in the city on the crate of the moon. My ex getting married for 3rd time I heard. Going later today to a dance exhibition of some middle schoolers choreographed by my best friend and former lover and avid christian. My kid sister is my only concern for the loss of her husband and depending on alcohol too much for my taste. I believe this plane were we are is ours and belong to us the living. Those gone continue to be around in memories but no matter how much we may love someone, they are no longer here. I feel Joy with Capital "J" and I continue to see just like last year... Life is Good and don't let somebody else tell you otherwise. We can fight off anything coming our way. Survive, fight it out. Your life is always worth keeping. No depression zone here. Messing with music again, trying to get those vocals on my "silver shadows" again. Feeling just Joy. (not bad for a hellbound heathen atheist, once called by a nun "rib of lucifer" )

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Learning skills like skiing, surfing, skydiving, driving (racing), flying, sailing, slight of hand, etc. In general, when I get too good at a hobby, I tend move on. Motorsport and RC helicopters can probably keep my interest forever. And slight of hand is one step short of impossible. Trying to learn the basics of up close coin slights. Those guys have impossible dexterity.

Motocross and off-road motorcycle racing is my favorite things so far. It was super difficult. Graduating to the expert classes takes enormous amounts of practice. You never stop improving. And you've got the pros there showing what can be done. Also, while blasting through the trees at speed you are mentally cleansed. For the duration of that ride, work and all the rest of life's stresses don't exist. Every clock cycle you have is dedicated to staying alive. A few years ago the doc said I shouldn't do that anymore. Issue with parathyroid led to mild osteopenia. But that makes hitting the ground hard with my body even less recommended than usual. That led to my current competitive sailing career.

These days I also enjoy turning my daily driver 07 Z06 from a monster into something completely insane. (photo in my profile)

My wife and I also do a lot of running. In 2016 we did 26 official bibbed and chipped 5ks or longer. I think there were three 10Ks and one 15K in that 26. She received a cancer diagnosis for Christmas that year. Treatment over the past year has really impacted our training and racing. But, all that is wrapped up. Her health is now good. We should get back in the swing of things soon.

Since I just moved from Texas to New Jersey a few weeks ago, I see my old love of skiing about to be dusted off. The local mountains may not be what I'm used to skiing the Rockies, but they are an easy drive and pretty inexpensive. Great exercise. I don't know what else I might do out here over winter. In Texas, sailing and supercar season lasted 12 months.

Don't be insulting just because you don't agree. It makes the rest of what you say not matter much.

PEGUS Level 5 Jan 13, 2018

I am not just insulting I'd been known to break some bones.

Learning to live again-getting out of the house-possible trip

Never stop living or learning.

I use the term blessed but not at all in the way 'christians' do. I feel blessed when I am in that state of JOY with the energy flow surrounding me. In tune with the universe. The mind is clear and you just feel your being is whole. I can do all that I need and the love I feel is there because of me, a god never enters the picture. I think I have some idea of what you are expressing in this post.

I appreciate your reply, Sometimes I sense too much anger in the posts instead of appreciation for life.

So much so, that I made Joy her middle name.

and for sure... You are her Joy!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14392
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.