Agnostic.com

6 6

QUESTION A Scientist's Gender Can Skew Research Results : Shots - Health News : NPR

Say what?!? ... you don't say?...

evestrat 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All genuine "scientific research" is subject to falsification by peer review before it is excepted. Bias of any sort is one of the main things they look for. That is a major difference between science and religion.

Everybody knows women rule!

@evestrat. I went to tinker airforce base to recertify in all my required metals. I noticed that their aircraft parts were being welded by females. I asked why. They said they have better qualities then men . They certified better than the men. Wow!

@evestrat. That's right!

Well if a researcher's expectations of a rat's intelligence can affect the speed with which a rat can maneuver through a maze... I am glad we're paying more attention to how so much of our existence is difficult to seperate out from other's existences.

Wow is all I can say-even happens with rats-Sex is a powerful factor between the tester and subject.

I heard this last night on NPR on my way home from work. The gender of the researcher even affects how much pain lab rats feel, which seems crazy (but apparently the male hormones increase the rats' stress levels which minimizes pain). Cool.

I will be hiding this post and blocking you. I don't want my wife to find out there is a scientific reason she is always right!!!!!!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.