Agnostic.com

6 0

At what age did you know you were going to die?

I was six and in grade one when I realized that eventually I would die. That realization changed how I thought and my life. How old were you when you made that realization?

GordonWolters 4 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was 7

I don't know, but one day I was choking on my own spit and new then I was going to die choking on something. I'm a mouth breather, so I am always choking on something. It will be kind of weird when it happens though.

Snail Level 2 Oct 15, 2017

I'm going to live forever. So I've never really thought I was going to die excepting when I thought I was going to die but didn't. So I guess I'm not really getting the spirit of your question.

SamL Level 7 Oct 15, 2017

I was nine years old when my little brother died during heart surgery. Until then, I had thought about death, but I never really understood what it meant. We had talked about it, mostly because of my brother's illness, but it's a tough concept for a young mind to grasp.

It was when I was at his funeral, looking down at his body, that I really got a taste of what death was, and that we all died. But I also realized that age didn't matter. It wasn't just old people who died, anyone could die at any time.

Since that day death has occupied a huge part of my philosophical thinking.

A small child because of the deaths of family and my parents explaining it to me. I attended viewings at a very early age. I think I was five or six when my grandmother died.

4 or 5. My parents took a lot of time explaining what happens when we die. My cousin (about the same age as me) died from cancer and I asked what that meant so I got my first lesson on death early in life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.