Agnostic.com

6 2

QUESTION She forced a crucifix down her ‘possessed’ daughter’s throat. Now, she’s convicted of murder. - The Washington Post

Just from the details given in the article, it's still unclear whether this woman is mentally ill or religiously delusional (a specific subset of mental illness, imho). She did appear to have nous enough to prevaricate, though.

BookDeath 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sadly this has happened so, so much throughout human history. Look up the true story William Blatty based the Exorcist on; it reads more like a clinical study of child abuse than anything else to someone who doesn't believe in demons and haints.

I could not go with murder. She most likely has a personality disorder from the lack of acceptance from her own childhood caregivers. She found the 'reflection' of herself in her daughter and wanted to 'stamp' it out! In short she killed her daughter, trying to save her from what she persevered as something 'bad!' A subconscious reaction, from her unhealed wounded self.

She will rot, the POS.

25 years ago a local Lutheran pig farmer did not like his middle aged wife dancing naked in the field. So with two others from his sect it was decided that she be exercised of her demons by beating them out of her. They eventually killed her, I was told, by ramming a broom handle down her throat.

The husband got 18 months gaol for the murder and his co-conspirators less good behaviour.

[forgottenillawarra.wordpress.com]

Broom handle down the throat?! Er, ouch! Did she die of asphyxiation or internal bleeding/ruptures?

@Zoidburg I was told that there was a lot of blood reported on the bed she was put on. It was a long time before I moved to area and was only told about it a year or two ago..
Just noticed a typo my "exercised" should be "exorcised".

Wth!!!! I swear some people -_-

Oh my. I just recently told my aunt (after about an hour of being hounded for being a non deist) that I find religion to be the biggest mental illness there is. This, was not a thought out comment and struggle with my words..but definitely in this case, her grasp on theology was tighter than the grasp on reality. I am deeply saddened that folks take it this far. I am honestly saddened that folks get so heated and hateful due to their belief systems and act contradictory to many religions finer ideals..so to speak. This is an atrocity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.