Agnostic.com

7 1

Is it easier for extroverts to lie, or fudge the truth, than for introverts?

CallMeDave 8 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no

I can't see how that would be so.

It is true that an extrovert is more likely to be highly social, and an effortless conversationalist, but that by itself doesn't make them glib or dishonest. It just makes it easy for them to "put out" and actively engage relative to an introvert.

Indeed, if there's ever been an unfair trope out there in the wild, it's that there's something inherently "wrong" with introverts, that they are withheld because they have something to hide, or are in some other way suspicious, because they don't "act right" from an extrovert's point of view.

I'm more extroverted and I'm a terrible liar.

I am an extrovert and don't lie well. My face has a mind of it's own. My son too. You can tell...my daughter however can spin a tale and I believe it most of the time. She always confessed when she felt the statute of limitation had passed.

I'd imagine it was the same, if you really need to lie you have to lie

If you know the other is into making drama because they don't like handling the truth rationally then anyone will say "little white lies" to keep the yelling and scream from happening. I do believe extroverts do more than "little white lies" though.

As an extrovert, I find it easy to talk with people. This doesn't automatically make me a liar. Lying is about a person's character and values, not their conversational ability.

"Six Reasons Why People Lie When They Don't Need To"

[psychologytoday.com]

I agree. I don't think that aspect of personality would have anything to do with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.