Agnostic.com

36 2

How long has your longest relationship lasted?

My last relationship lasted over 21 years. We just went different paths. I became more out as an atheist, she became more woo. I'd only ever had one gf before that. What are your experiences?

GordonWolters 4 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ist marriage 5 years 2nd 25 years

ags2 Level 5 Dec 18, 2017

19 years, all of them shitty. Don't give up, life can still amaze you 🙂

Maaga Level 3 Nov 28, 2017

My last relationship was 16 years of total happiness. Unfortunately she got a brain tumor and was gone (without suffering) within 2 months. Previously there was a non-married relationship for 12 years and previously to that marriage for 7 years.

16 years my partner passed away 4 years ago

5 years and he was atheist but it did not work.

Unfortunately, relationships involve more than just religion and politics. Sometimes people of different religious beliefs get along better than people of similar beliefs (or nonbeliefs). In a previous partnership she was agnostic and I was a (clueless) Catholic and we got along fine.

8 years, but the marriage was for 9 years. Left because he seemed to see the word "everlast" tattooed on my head. Then 6 years with a woman with 2 boys I had the chance to help parent for awhile. That one ended ugly as well. Religion or no religion, relationships with the wrong person can lead to a nasty mess.

Hmmm, my longest (2nd husband) lasted about 20 yrs, however, for at least five of those we were separated. 1st marriage lasted about 1.5 yrs and never should have happened. I knew he was a womanizer and probably wouldn't change. Being basically sheltered until 17 though and knew nothing of boys, I said "yes" to my first bf when asked to marry. Took me a few years after divorcing the 2nd to start dating again. He also cheated. Since then, longest relationship was two years and would have lasted longer if I hadn't moved to another state.

Seven years ...

27 years until she passed.

Only until recently have I realized that I am a polyamorist and have been able to love more than one person at once. Since, most women see that as a roving eye, player, philanderer, unfaithful, five years is my longest.

SamL Level 7 Oct 15, 2017

9.5 years. I thought we broke up because it had just run its course but apparently he had been cheating on me with his best friend's meth addicted wife for about 4 months. The day I moved out, he moved her in. I found out through her husband. I had known both the husband and wife for 9 years

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.