Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK The Brett Kavanaugh nomination: Yale law professors and other elites are brushing politics aside to support the elite Kavanaugh. That’s inexcusable. - Vox

From the article: Trump’s presidency has put the fundamental institutions of the country at risk. We have been forced to consider whether the president may have received unlawful assistance from a foreign power during the election campaign and whether he obstructed the investigation of that issue by firing FBI Director James Comey.

After his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, properly recused himself from the Russia probe (on the grounds that his role as a political surrogate for the Trump campaign and his meeting with the then-Russian ambassador during the campaign might reasonably raise questions about his impartiality), the president publicly castigated him for doing so.

When you combine this with the president’s assertion that he can pardon himself, and with his statement that “I have the absolute right to do what I want with the Justice Department,” not to mention his multiple public denunciations characterizing even Republican-appointed federal judges as run-of-the-mill political actors — it is clear that foundational American institutions are taking a beating: the FBI, the Justice Department, and, yes, even the courts.

zblaze 7 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Supreme court judges should represent the law and the wishes of the people and thus should be elected by the people for a stated period not life.

The damage our country & government has sustained will be with us for years--possibly a generation or 2. & we aren't even able to slow down the destruction...I keep thinking I'll wake up from this nightmare.

Carin Level 8 Aug 2, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.