Agnostic.com

4 5

Who has fruit trees?

I have a mini orchard in my back yard. Peaches, apricots, apples, pomegranates, pears, and 6 fig trees. Today was the first harvest. I will be canning figs in two weeks. These suckers are so sweet they’ll put you in a diabetic coma!

helionoftroy 7 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds wonderful!
I had a couple of orchards on my family farm near Morehead, KY, with peach, apple, and pear trees.

Did you do anything special with the fruit?

@helionoftroy We ate the fruit fresh, as did the horses and whitetail deer (sigh). My mom would sometimes cook with the apples. At the time I didn't eat eat either sugar or cooked food.

I have peach trees, a cherry tree and an almond tree. The birds usually get it all.

Those darn birds!

@helionoftroy It's my fault I should net the almond tree and pay more attention to the other trees

I grow raspberries in my garden..and they are delicious..does this count?

Sure that counts.The birds eat all my blackberries before I can pick them.

@helionoftroy

If I'm be honest..we don't get to eat many anymore due to the blackbirds and robins that have set up home in our garden..the thing is we love to watch them gobble up our fruit..?

@Hitchens there was a small creek in the back yard at my last house. The fence line along the creek was full of blackberry bushes. The snakes loved them.

@helionoftroy

Aren't we so lucky St.Patrick banished all the snakes from our shores..?? ...??

My pear and plum trees died, I don't think they are good trees for Phoenix. All I have left are olives, and I don't know what to do with them.

Olive Oil.

@helionoftroy I looked into a press designed to turn olives into olive oil, only $2500. Just think how much I would save!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145546
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.