Agnostic.com

8 3

Can you believe grown adults actually believe Noah’s Ark!

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I told people I was going to Kentucky last summer that was the first thing people thought of, that I would go see the Ark park thing. But in all truth if it hadn't have been over 30.00 a person it would have been kind of fun to see how they try to pull this one off. Missed a good laugh I'm sure.

Yes. Just look at the freaking geologist who tried to prove that they found it on Mt. Ararat.

You mean it's not true? I thought the reason that there are no longer any dinosaurs is because Noah forgot to invite them along!

Lol

@SteveB noting surprises me in the religious mindset anymore! lol

People believe a lot of bullshit. This is just one example of that.

There are many versions of a great flood and someone building an ark and housing the animals. This story is almost certainly true in context. Most likely there was a large flood that covered much of the known area to the people of that time, and someone had a big boat and saved a few animals along with his family. Because so few if any people actually had written skills, stories were told over and over, generation after generation. As stories go, people add to them as they tell their version, so the story of a man saving his family and a few animals from a localized flood eventually became Noah saving every single animal from a flood that covered every bit of the earth. The Bible is a book of stories. It is important to understand that many of those stories are true in some form. That does not make everything true word for word, nor does it prove the existence of God, but we should not just toss everything out because there is no evidence of God.

The idea that ALL the life that has taken millions of years to evolve is a bit of a stretch of the imagination! Other factors in the story that prove it false : Where did all of the water come from ? Where did the water go ? Why didn't anyone else have a boat ? Why didn't the rainwater dilute the salt water ? Why didn't all the trees drown ? If God is merciful why did he drown innocent animals and babies ? What about penguins ? The questions go on.....and on......????

Grown adults have been believing the worst tripe from the dawn of man. there are certainly grown up people who believe all sorts of myths.

And you call them grown adults... Funny

It was my sarcasm. Ha ha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.