Agnostic.com

7 2

Remember The USSR?

twshield 8 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember the Beatles singing about it

Putin and trump are proof that history does repeat itself.

Sure, the Beatles went there and came back with a pretty good song. But seriously, they were the entity that most people in Germany are scared of.. 'Der Russe an der Tür " ( Der Russian at the door) made our blood run cold.

feels closer to the USUSSR today.

Yup. I’d listen to their propaganda broadcasts on shortwave radio, so full of crap I became an even more patriotic American. I do miss Mikhail Gorbachev’s leadership, but then it wasn’t the USSR for long… They were dastardly, and dangerous … still are..

Varn Level 8 Aug 2, 2018

@twshield I’d have traded Gorbachev for Reagan in a millisecond..

@twshield It’s (finally) begun to strike me ... that those capable or willing to lie to themselves about one thing - their man-made religion - are willing and capable of lying about everything!

Putin and Trump...Iron Curtains and Walls..have we learned anything from history...maybe it does repeat itself..?

Seems like it’s making a comeback, unless Putin’s angling to be Tsar.

Jimm Level 4 Aug 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145843
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.