Agnostic.com

5 1

Why is the Higgs boson considered the god particle is that not counter intuitive for science?

#god
azzow2 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not if you understand what Higgs boson is. Read about it. It is interesting. You might not understand it all, but you might get a sense of it and feel good about knowing.

PEGUS Level 5 Jan 12, 2018

No way does Any reputable scientist call it any such thing! Get some better sources! Simply put, it shows that "space" is not a big empty space like once thought, it is slam full of these particles. Hardly religious, not matter how televangelist you want to get.

No way does Any reputable scientist call it any such thing! Get some better sources! Simply put, it shows that "space" is not a big empty space like once thought, it is slam full of these particles. Hardly religious, not matter how televangelist you want to get.

No way does any reptablescientist call it the "God particle"! Check your sources!

How come I cannot edit or delete anything? Damned annoying!

@AnneWimsey My edit delete option is contorted as well.

Einstein would use god to explain what was unexplainable think he did it for kicks and giggles he was agnostic.

Scientists often show incredible humor and cheek when naming things. Not long ago it was something named after Pink Floyd, I think. They sent Zeus' wife (Juno) to go take pictures of him (Jupiter) amidst all his mistresses and whatnot (Europa, Ganymede, etc.). Scientific nomenclature is frequently hilarious, often poetic, always pertinent.

Great answer! Better than mine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.