Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Why QAnon is so scary - The Washington Post

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean.... oh, the hell with it. These folks are paranoid, and the fact is, nobody's out to get them. There's no such thing as a "Deep State" and no conspiracies to keep them down.

On the other hand, if they keep up what they're doing, sooner or later law enforcement (i.e. "the government) will come after them, fulfilling their own prophecies.

Paul4747 8 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So they believe he's NOT being investigated by Mueller? Wha? It seems incongruent.

Trump is so brilliant, in their mythology, that he's just pretending to be investigated in order to mislead the conspiracy. Or set up a counter conspiracy, or something...

You can't really understand conspiratorial thinking until you understand it's a whole world view in which surface "facts" are just a misleading smokescreen, and the "real truth" is the property of the conspiracy theorists.

Does "Q" refer to the character on \"The Next Generation"?

If only it were something so cool. I think this is a far more humorless bunch.

I gather that "Q" is supposed to be someone's super-secret online alias. Like "V for Vendetta." Only, probably not Hugo Weaving in this case. (Might be the same masks, though. Those things are way popular with the persecuted out-group types.)

I was watching Gary Tuchman on CNN questioning those fools and he kept asking what evidence they had and always they kept coming back saying that he couldn't disprove it. Sound familiar? It seems the majority of folks just never learned about the burden of proof. I honestly believe that many schools have ceased to teach kids how to think or reason and it seems that many of those in power want it that way.

gearl Level 8 Aug 3, 2018

Yes. It's a religion for them. Believing in their politics isn't rational, it's emotional. They need to feel persecuted, as the article points out, even though their party controls all of Washington DC.

Thank Alex Jones, et al, for these lunatics. Let's just hope they are as few and as inconsequential as they appear to be.

I think they watch too many fiction movies...they want to be part of the movie that will not happen...I think this type of nonsense is pathetic and paranoid from either the far right or the far left...it really is scary as much as it is silly...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:147064
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.