Agnostic.com

11 1

Do you still hold any superstitions? did you bury them with your faith, or before?

[scmp.com]
I've seen people stroke beards (had my beard stroked) for "luck", avoid cracks in pavements, avoid walking under ladders, and even known people own "lucky" garments. Do superstitions become traditions? what are your experiences?

Dav87 6 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The obvious walking under a ladder, killing a china man can get you trouble, and I do feel lucky when a bird craps on my hat, lucky I was wearing a hat.

I have a couple. I hate Friday the 13th. I've never been a fan of the franchise. And I panic when a black panther (cat) crosses my path.

I'm still convinced there are gremlins that move my keys and dirty up the dishes and order shit I don't need on Amazon...... I can't possible be responsible for it lol

You're definitely on to something there! I know a few people with the same gremlins.

well walking under a ladder is valid because you might get a tin of paint dropped on your head.

Stepping out into a road while looking up checking for paint tins that aren't there could hurt more than just your head.

also true but we can both agree that it's not just superstition.

when I give someone a knife or get a knife I insist a coin be exchanged. Its silly and makes people smile.

That's called a mugging my friend! Most people insist on phone and wallet not just a coin! That smile is a smile of relief. I wish my attempted robber had been as cool as you. I hope you only steal from the rich to give to the poor!

I believe in karma.. I think there could be some science to it.

That's got to be the one thing I'd quite like to beleive in.

I left all mine behind with religion.

Good for you Sarahroo, keep living in this real world!

I’m not superstitious at all but I love the song..

You read my mind!! I was going through my vinyl and found my Stevie Wonder, put it on and wrote this post! I'm going to sit by my phone now just in case someone calls to tell me they love me. Keep loving the good music!

@AMGT absolutely! That’s my favorite line too..

@Dav87 I love the old Motown music. James Brown was crazy good!

@balou it sounds like me and you need a whole other thread to discuss music! saw James Browns last show in the UK what a showman!

@Dav87 Indeed we should. James Brown was indeed the hardest working man in show business. He brought so much energy to every show!

@LennyP49 sorry, I don’t understand your comment.

I’ve never been superstitious. not walking under a ladder is smart, not superstitious. and don’t bring my lucky jersey into this. lol

Touch wood, I'm not superstitious

Still watch out for banana peels...lol.

I've been told they're less slippery than dog "eggs"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.