Agnostic.com

12 2

Worst movie ever made?

cercatrova 6 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Urban Cowboy. Geeeeeez. "And just what do think a real cowboy is?" Well, it's not some wimpified John Travolta fresh of the set of Grease. I take it all back. Grease is the all time worst movie ever made. Wait, let's talk about Gone with the Wind, next......

Titanic. The guy in the crow's nest yells "Hard to Port" and the helmsman turns to the right. Then the crow's nest guy yells " Hard to Starboard and the helmsman turns to the left..... It was an atrocious movie.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
I watch a LOT of movies, and I loved the original Transformers in the 80s... during this movie, my friend and I debated leaving the theater three different times but decided to stay and see if this disaster of a movie could pull itself back together. It didn't. Haven't seen the newest, probably never will.

For anyone that might be interested, old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are being shown on Sunday nights at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the Comet network.

"The Fugitive" 1947 I choose this film not so much for its awfulness (although its pretty bad) but for it being made at all. Let me explain. In 1940 the English writer Graham Greene published a novel called "The Power and the Glory". It centers around Mexicos persecution of Catholicism in the 1930s. In it, the state makes it compulsory for all priests to marry or leave the country. It provides a good pension for those that stay, so there would no difficulty in them finding a wife. One priest decides to go underground. He is not a likable character, a whiskey priest with no faith left and a child to boot. He is pursued by a very likable policeman, who even gives the priest some money when he thinks he`a just a drunk. The book was banned by the church and Greene (a convert to Catholicism) hauled over the coals.
Anyway back to the film in 1947 John Ford directs this blatant piece of propaganda (a word coined by Jesuits "for the propagation of the faith" ) With Henry Fonda as priest and a villainesque policeman. It is one of the worst things to come out of Hollywood.

Being human, strangely starring Robin Williams, Followed by Neanderthal with John Travolta.

Dark Star. This was an outa space movie directed by John Carpenter. I'ts so bad it's very watchable.

Oh, come on, man, Dark Star is a classic of the 70s. A precursor to things like Alien, where you saw people living grungily in space. 🙂

It is indeed a classic and very 'cheesy'. I've watched it a few times now. I loved the alien thing. It has to be one of the most 'El Cheapo' mock up aliens ever.

"Red Zone Cuba", shown in an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Lousy acting, lousy plot, lousy not-so-special effects 🙂

I just saw The Room. Worst best movie ever. So I watched it 2 more time. I love B rated movies also like Plan 9 from outer space.

MoniB Level 6 Jan 13, 2018

I had seen many movies that I don't know how the script was sold and worse how they got financing. Every decade you got a handful. For the big actors in it... is a paycheck I reckon. And to think Kirk Douglas couldn't get financing for "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" and when finally he did, he was too old to play the part. That's how Jack Nicholson got the part.

I had seen many movies that I don't know how the script was sold and worse how they got financing. Every decade you got a handful. For the big actors in it... is a paycheck I reckon.

I'll go with a recent film starring Bruce Willis and Thomas Jane: "Vice." Such a bad movie, despite good actors and a fun premise. But the plot is generic and the acting itself is comically bad. I don't know what anyone was thinking in creating this pile of garbage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.