Agnostic.com

1 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw that news and I am confused as to why he was given a standing ovation? Somehow, I see that admission as something that quietly needs to be digested. What was the standing ovation for? Was it because, he stood up in front of the people, and admitted his 'sin' and that gave the congregation a feeling of relief from their own 'sins'? His 'sin' harmed another person...when have we given a standing ovation for someone admitting their harmful actions? It seems dismissive to me...just no big deal. But even with that, why a standing ovation? Something is out of kilter to me, on the 'standing ovation,' and that admission from the pulpit...which is where I thought it took place!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.