Agnostic.com

9 0

What Type Of Personal Vehicle Is Your Preference And Why?

I would like to think that we all have a type of vehicle we prefer over others.
perhaps there is a type of vehicle you feel is safer than the rest.
Maybe your professional Trade greatly influence your vehicle preference.

Please Tell me what your preference is and why?
Do you prefer foreign or domestic?

• 1 vote
  • 3 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
twshield 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is my 1974 GMC, thats just for travelling, I drive a smart car, and love it.

@twshield Hi brother from another mother! happy Saturday! Im off to brave COSTCO.. wish me luck!!

@twshield we don't have Sams Clubs here, just costco.

My father gave me one good piece of advice: You only go down the road of life once. You may as well do it in something nice.

I prefer luxury performance cars with AWD. I've had 5 BMWs, 4 of which had V12 engines. My last two cars have been Genesis G80s, current is a 2018 G80 Sport. Genesis is the new luxury brand of Hyundai. It's not as fun to drive as a BMW but it's fine and I don't care about brand or driving fast all the time (anymore). I lease as I change out every 2-3 years to keep up with the latest tech. Self driving cars cannot come too soon.

During my clinical internship in psychology, I learned that it is common for schizophrenics to drive around to relieve stress. It made me want to get a suburban. Next time I might get a full size SUV but I am unlikely to buy American unless the quality gets significantly better.

If I had the facilities and money to work on cars I would own vintage cars and restore them. However, I must be pragmatic. I own a Mazda speed; maybe not that practical, but it is fun to drive.

KJMOD Level 2 Jan 13, 2018

Big wheel monster jeep. At 5'8 I love being in tall large vehicles. Makes me feel safe and powerful, haha.

MoniB Level 6 Jan 13, 2018

That is a common feeling and has been so for ages. The problem I see is that if everyone acted on this and bought big vehicles then no one would be bigger and safer than anyone else. It would be the same as if everyone had a small car (but the smaller cars have a lower carbon footprint).
I have seen the problem with big cars is that they are often more difficult to maneuver than small ones. I have always had small cars and sometimes I feel they are almost an extension of myself and I can outmaneuver others.

It is just a fantasy vehicle.I can't afford to buy one. I have a jeep renegade. Not large, its a jeep product and I like that make.

I'm currently restoring my 1970 MG Midget, She's called Lilly, She is being restored using recycled parts and she does 55MPG (British gallons). the CO2 created manufacturing a new car is worse than running an old car. They don't make them like that anymore.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 13, 2018

@twshield Thank you! There was supposed to be a photo with this for you but the photo tool' s on the blink I think!

I had a 67' Austin Healy Sprite which is the same as the Midget (minus some trim). I loved that car but, as with most British cars, was undependable. Also, it tried to kill me (lying on the ground in pain a passerby asked how I was and all I could reply how is my car - it had a bent frame was a total write-off).

From the list, I chose sports cars, but I also enjoy motorcycles and aircraft for personal transportation. I was a serious rider to the tune of 60k to 85k miles per year. Also logged a few thousand hours in the air. I like speed. I like freedom. I like challenge. I like precision machinery -- and if it breaks, I can fix it.

I drive a Red 2007 Toyota Rav4. It was my downsizing car from being primary chauffeur in a Chrysler Mini Van after the kids started moving out. It was the last car we bought as a married couple, and we got it new. It has a sunroof. My plan is to drive this car until my children forcibly removed the keys from my withered arthritic hands. Yeah I'd kinda like something newer, smaller, and better gas mileage, but 1. It is paid for, 2.Sunroof, 3. It has on demand AWD, and I live in the snow belt. And 4. It is paid for. If my hips and knees were younger I'd get a Mazda Miata.

My aunt had a big car and after she had dented every neighbor's car and couldn't pass a drivers test her license was not renewed. She got so depressed she had to be institutionalized. She then went on a hunger strike and died (she was 89).

Enjoy my sport coupe.
100,000 mile/10 year warranty is why I opted for it, plus owned same manufacturer, but different model as trade-in.
The model was discontinued in 2016.
Will probably mod it after warranty expires.

I am a Honda Person. Small, affordable and relatively fuel efficient. I currently drive a Fit which has done me well on cargo space and the occasional passenger, while being fairly fuel efficient and fairly fun to drive. I prefer maneuverability to power since it is much more fun to drive in traffic and what note. I can't do an electric because I value my ability to drive anywhere and charging stations are not universal. My next car will probably be a hybrid as I am seriously looking at the CR-Z. I favor utility, so I stay away from luxury cars. I want a car that can take a beating and be useful. My car gets abused.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.