Agnostic.com

3 0

Temptation of Faith

If you weren't raised in a religious family, where you ever tempted or pressured to join the religious ranks? I had some friends that I went church hopping with for a while but never really fit in. I was confirmed at one of the churches. Most of it revolved around fear of death for my loved ones that were sick at the time and by the fact that I was always feeling alone. What were your experiences?

Levi_Hinton 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was pressured by friends and exes before.

I sort of wanted to - when I was at grammar school we had a teacher whose face would shine when she talked of 'god'; & crudely put, I wanted a bit of that - but never had a religious bone in my body; was kicked out of brownies when I didnt go to church parade and was asked to go to a youth club that was also christian and found myself a square peg in a round hole. I don't think I have ever been afraid of death or of other people dying - I think that I have had good experiences of people dying where all the friends of that person come together and celebrate their life spontaneously and joyfully.
Not saying I haven thad poor funeral experience but on the whole not much.

I was pressured by my parents. They didn't attend but dropped us off every week. I think they used church as a baby sitter.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14856
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.