Agnostic.com

7 11

LINK *“We risk a lot by denying our connection with other animals.”*Orca carries dead calf – now decomposing – for 'unprecedented' ninth straight day - AOL News

My island archipelago/county is front and center of this issue and we are and have been deeply concerned for a long time. I tried to link an article from the Seattle Times but one has to be a subscriber to gain access (lack of money is a big cause of the erosion of our system).

It’s not just a loss of food fish but also the huge increase in shipping through these waters that disrupt the whale’s echolocation which helps them find the food they need to survive. As usual, a myriad of issues are to blame for this major potential loss.
[spokesman.com]

JackPedigo 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad to hear she is now frolicking with other member of the pod. When I first heard of this I was SOOOOOOOOOO sad. Made me cry.

Sometimes this is what it takes to get people motivated to take things seriously. I have written my will and named a friend as executor but haven't written details. My accident highlighted that I really to do this NOW!

@JackPedigo I had the same thoughts when I went for the hip replacement surgery. Working on the paper work but not completed. The move from building 4 to building 6 was disruptive. But I'm making progress.

There are news reports that J35 has finally let the calf go.

I just heard that an hour ago. After 17 days. She is now frolicking with other members of her pod. Sooner or later we all need to let go!!

I find this story particularly sad ...

and, yet, arrogant humans will still look at animals and say "we are better than they are"...and the humans will still continue to enslave, imprison, exploit, murder, and eat their fellow Earthlings.....all the while pretending to care about a select few...or a select few species....

We are ALL the same. All lives matter. No life is worth less because of their species. End Speciesism.

When I first joined the site I talked about how we have a basic idea we share with the religious. We think we re the center of the universe. My late partner had a question for her 2nd graders and lot of adults don't get it): "What is more important, people or dirt?"

This this this! ^ (SS's comment)
People can't even be decent to other members of their species. We enslave, imprison, exploit and murder each other daily. Humans never have been and never will be the superior animal.

Thanks for posting this story.

I hope it cause some to think. We are in the period of the Anthropocene. It is the age of the sixth great extinction!

"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.

This is sad. We discount animals and act as if they have no feelings. Turns out that is not true!

That is why some of us have become vegetarians.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:148630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.