Agnostic.com

9 3

Where were you during the Woodstock festival?

I was still to young to go. I was 16 in school and working part time in a service station. I did get the 2 - 8 tracks tapes. Got the Easy Rider tapes too.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What year was that?

I wasn't born until 1988.

Being a good little church going girl. 😟

I was 13-14. My father kept me on a short leash cuz if anybody would run away for it, it woulda been this middle child. Saw the movie couple years later, though.

I was old enough to wish I could go and felt I missed out on something but can't remember where I was like with other major historic events

I had just turned 3 years old. My folks were not into the "druggies" (as they called it) and rock themed festivals scene. Woodstock was 6 hours from where we lived. I will say though growing up, I enjoyed the 8 tracks that were played with Woodstock musicians on them, and still enjoy hearing them nowadays. Music is not the same.

Ugh! 6 hours from a history moving event...

Just moving into my house at the west end of Galveston Island, TX, getting ready to start a new job in Galveston.

What kind of job? If you don't mind me asking?

@BucketlistBob -- Ship Sciences and Structural Detail Head with Designers & Planners Galveston office on contract for the SeaLand containership SS Chicago. She was being assembled at Todd Shipyard, Galveston. Forebody was built in San Pedro, CA and towed to Galveston.

Lol ... plus pickin' and grinnin' at a couple of clubs in Houston and Clearwater on the weekends. Fun times.

@evidentialist. Damn brother... that's educated! I just thought i had it together.... we got some smart people in here.

In our stilt house on the Island: The girl is my eldest, Leah, when she had just turned three.

Too bad we don't have an edit function for replies too. Forgot -- during the same period I freelanced a proposal for a series of special vessels, vehicles, and equipment designs for Gulf Universities Research Consortium for their Air/Water Interface Study. Fun project.

@BucketlistBob -- We's all hoooomans an' that's all that counts, bro.

@evidentialist. Cool.

I was living in Philadelphia, I believe I was 14. I actually had tickets but had taken off a few weekends before to go to the Atlantic City Rock Festival, & was major grounded! (so a friend of a friend got my ticket) Of course, at the time, no one knew that Woodstock would become the icon it turned out to be, was just another festival at the time, & tho I was disappointed to miss it, as it had some acts that weren't at A.C., I figured another would come along soon enough. I got the L.P.'s & of course, Easy Rider soundtrack, & had a lot of that music from the artists as part of my collection, too. Was, & am, still a big fan of that era, musically, & tho I do purchase "new" music, still beef up my collection from that time (& before, like Buddy Holly & Chuck Berry & the Blues & R & B I grew up with. The only decent sounds on AM at the time, before the advent of FM rock stations.)

A twinkle in my mothers eye

Sacha Level 7 Jan 13, 2018

I was not alive but my dad was born and grew up in Clinton, New York and remembers the insane traffic jams well!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.