Agnostic.com

5 2

Facts vs. Feelings: Which is greater?

In a time when people have a hard time discerning fact from fiction or belief versus knowledge, which do you think is the greater force?

Please explain your answer.

• 13 votes
  • 8 votes
ownworstenemy 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Facts are ALWAYS greater than emotions or fictions. Facts have staying power and can exist forever, but emotions and fictions always die a very painful death. And not always quickly.

Randy

I put feelings down as the greater force. That is based upon how our society deals with things. However, I believe that facts should be the greater source.
Just my opinion.

That's my basic philosophy as well. But I see I big problem with misinformation and ignorance being portrayed as fact and it is extremely difficult to compensate for in that confusion.

Feelings are very primitive, and gets the best of us many times.

My feelings on the 'whole' are created out of facts!

Sadly feelings carry more weight with most people my age and older. I makes for lots of poor decisions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.