Agnostic.com

7 0

Why are so many more people in prison hold a religious believe, than atheists

magicwatch 7 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey, whatever works. There's this thing called parole and hanging out with people who are trying to make a good impression is a good idea if you want to get out or survive IMO.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

I think that is an easy question to answer. First, people in prison are at their most vulnerable. Second, they are scared...living so closely with people who have so many different personalities. Who among us has a wide range of personility study in a setting...that intimate?. Third, the prevailing indoctrination held by other inmates will be, mostly protestant or catholic religions. Forth, they will merge for safety reasons and may even hold a notion of self improvement! And lastly, religious organizations love to 'help' these 'setting ducks!' The Christian churches are the driving force in prisons...even among the staff!

Because they ARE in prison and are hoping there is some divine intervention, because they are looking for an opiate of any kind, because they have no hope otherwise, because they want absolution for their "sins"? And, religion is another way to get "high." Think pentacostal worship services : )

They are trapped in a smaller box, and need to escape reality.

I think the word "irrational" has something to do with it.

Because they are scare of not being forgiven by god and they need to put a front of rehabilitation for the parole board. I asked an ex con and he give me the answer I am putting here.

something to fight the boredom.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.