Agnostic.com

6 9

LINK Tokyo medical school admits changing results to exclude women

"One of Japan’s most prestigious medical schools has admitted deliberately altering entrance exam scores for more than a decade to restrict the number of female students and ensure more men became doctors.doctors."

VictoriaNotes 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

distasteful. but then - i don't expect a great deal of humaneness from peoples who eat live animals.

Consider this: In Japan and the US, as well as many other democratic nations, women outnumber men. With a single vote, they have the power to change the status quo, and yet women in these two countries and elsewhere continue to endure discrimination! This is nothing less than male apartheid! For decades I have supported and voted for women’s rights—in college I even campaigned for the ERA. But we need the majority to step up and vote for their self-interest. We need more women voters to turn the tide. I can’t imagine men tolerating this treatment for very long!

Since when have elections become honest ?

Even moreso than here, sexism is woven so thoroughly into the fabric of their society that it's taking ages to pull it out without unraveling the whole thing. Just look up 'Hai-Hai Girls' and the prevalence of infantilisation. Things have gotten way better for women than it used to be, just like here, but it's slow going. Change never happens overnight.

@Cast1es Are you saying that elections in Japan and the US are dishonest?

@Cast1es, @memorylikeasieve I'm just saying that women hold the majority and have it in their power the make real change at the ballot boxes. But they do not always vote in their own best interest--53% of white women in America voted for a misogynist over a woman.

@Graham88 I'm well aware of what is being perpetrated against women in the Muslim world, but that was not what this original post was about, and I confined my remarks to Japan and the US only--two democracies which use the Australian (secret) ballot voting process, and which are majority female.

@Graham88 That one's a hot button topic ... in some circles, at least. Harsh criticism of the treatment of women by Muslim-majority countries can earn one the label of Islamophobic bigot, or even racist. Peace.

In the 2016 election a large portion of the female electorate voted for Mr. Orange Hair. I have no explanation for this. Women seem to be holding that glass ceiling over their own heads.

@I_dont_know Exactly my point, made earlier in this thread.

That is awful! Heads should roll for this.Females make great doctors ?

Coldo Level 8 Aug 9, 2018

If men were really men , they wouldn't have to keep cutting women down to their own size . You can't prove you're really better , if you can't stand on your own two feet .

Nailed It.?

I'd say that calling a woman a 'dog' falls into the category of not being a real man. Agreed?

@pnfullifidian Kind of equates to immediately deciding that if a woman gets a promotion , that obviously she's been sleeping with the boss , instead of having earned the promotion .

That's not surprising. Japan is incredibly sexist.

Damn those smart women!

godef Level 7 Aug 9, 2018

Yeah , a smart good doctor , just might save your life .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:151778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.