Agnostic.com

5 0

What is the #1 mistake you've seen made during the divorce process?

-On the other side of the coin, what about the most positive thing you've seen?

Coppersmith1965 6 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Get a good lawyer and listen to them. Make sure you are financially protected and remember that paying a child's college tuition should not be connected to assessts.

The lawyer part is what I'm working on now, among other things. From what I understand , not obtaining good legal counsel is up there in the top three.

@Coppersmith1965 it is a necessity. And common sense is to. Be strategic in what you fight for. Think about what you really want and what does not really matter to you or can be replaced.

The getting married process.

Being married?

Spending too much time arguing about assets. I know a couple that argued about a moped through their attorneys. Spent more in lawyers fees than the moped was worth. Let things go.

Depending on a lawyer to do my thinking for me. Big mistake. I decided I was better off doing it myself since I was the one doing all the research and work, so I did.

Did you put down a retainer for said lawyer? Was there any benefit to having legal counsel in your case?

I think it depends on the individuals situation. I know my lawyers fees were well spent. Some people can do it without a lawyer and some cannot.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152176
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.