Agnostic.com

12 4

What can you do today that you couldn't do three years ago? what are you going to be able to do this time next year?

Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. Life can be a trying journey filled with obstacles but here you are despite it all. Since before your conception you've unknowingly been overcoming the odds. what are your latest achievements? Be proud.

Dav87 6 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the last 3 years ive learned to play the melodeon (kind of an accordion but with buttons instead of piano keys) and I now play in the band for our local Morris Dancing side (a peculiarly British folk tradition 🙂 )
It's given me a sense of achievement and a lot of pleasure.
3 years from now I hope to be fairly competent on the flute that I bought 6 months ago in a ' it's a stick with holes in! How hard can it be??' moment 🙂

That's fantastic! I'm well aware of Morris dancing!
You'll have to learn the Cooleys reel on your melodeon that would sound great! I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks up instruments on a whim, my next one is going to be a violin.... I can't work out how I'm going to get a grand piano in my house!

@Dav87 Ah Cooley'sReel. It's on the list to learn. so many tunes, so little time 🙂

I'm in a better place now in my mind. who knows even the next day what will happen?

I seem to be going the wrong way, 3 years ago I could paddle out into the surf here, now I struggle to the point it is unsafe. 3 years ago I could see much better. Next year theer is a chance I may have to stop driving due to eyesight issues.

3 Yrs before was not knowing this group, next year will be adding few more in to this. ????

Thanks 3 years ago I was undergoing physical and occupational therapy in a nursing home. Next year I'll be traveling cross country to visit friends.

That's some amazing progress! I hope you enjoy your travels!

Today I can be 49 years old, I couldn't do that 3 years ago and in one year at this time I'll be 50.

I survive. I was born sick I was told and fighted the odds then. I am still here and in good health. Refuse being medicated to conquer depression or anxiety or the flu. I had slept with beautiful women way out of my league. Only a man with the passion for women will understand that. So doctors don't need to say that is not an accomplishment. Not caring for money in this material world and still been able to help my children with money as adults brings me joy and comfort because they will always be my kids. Never had a Bad Fight with a woman. And I think I never will. Happy to be here in this earth despite the suffering and pain around me. When I die I will take with me all I ever own... The memories of a full life. To think I used to stutter at 10! My Phase 3 of my life is just starting. I still write and work in music. I still romance women and dance my way into their arms. I got a road ahead of me and I am game with a fetish for expensive shoes for that road. I am at 64 still a lot of fun. I made it to retirement. How many in this site unfortunately will not get to see retirement pains me because is the Objective of the Game of Life. 3 years ago I was 1 year away from retirement. Live a full life now, you can't save your life the way you may save money, you have to spend it.

Three years ago I could not have caught a trout in a mountain steam on a fly rod. Three years ago I couldn't ride a motorcycle.
What will I be able to do next year that I can't now? Great question....
Roast a whole pig? Order a whole meal in proper French?

@Stevil. LOL. That's a hilarious fish story!

Getting over a bad divorce...today dating and having fun again!

Look at the calendar and see it's 14 Jan 2018 today and a year from now, it will be 14 Jan 2019. Isn't that something? I need to go party. Who wants to go to Vegas?

jeffy Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

Sounds great Jeffy! I'll party with you. Let's do it anywhere but Vegas though, please. I can't take that place. LOL

I'll be back there by next month!!!! Enjoy the City in the Crater of the Moon.

Laugh at the orange oopah loopah with troll hair in the white house...

Have sex while single again.

@Stevil aye, martial lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.