Agnostic.com

8 1

Not sure if this relevant to this site ?? but thought provoking nonetheless

magicwatch 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are a lot of videos on AI from more reliable sources. As far as I know, the approach of these things at the moment is to mine stored conversations for appropriate responses, which in principal is just as sophisticated as chat bots found on IRC (internet relay chat) more than 20 years ago.

Well if you want to get conspiratard in all this, I heard about how several security robots killed their developers in Japan and they're keeping the innocent secret.

What could prevent a robot from being sentient? What could prevent them from thinking they matter? Humans ourselves can be some AI that doesn't think it's AI. We just know we exist and we want rights etc. Who could say for sure that we weren't programmed to only use up to a certain amount of our "processor"(10% of our brain) and also programmed to only perceive what our programmer programmed us to perceive or see? We are limited with our senses. We can't see the full spectrum of light which means there are things we can't see with our eyes. That could also apply to our thoughts in terms of figuring out what this place is or any other philosophical topic. It's especially scary that they are modeled after us and programmed with our thinking considering if we look at our history that it's pretty tribal and bloody and violent. We've been jocking for supremacy and advantage over others since the beginning of our species. At least most of us I guess. We tend to act on what we think are threats. That's pretty subjective. I think these machines would be more "one" when it came to that though, unlike humans. Could it happen? You can't say it wouldn't for sure. Is it probable? Probably not.

Let's just call them what they really will be, sex dolls lol

Relevant and scary seeing two bots plot the demise of the world. Not funny.

Isn't that hilarious, terrifying, and shocking? When we were just 4-5 billion, we had more social, real connection. Now we are more than 7 billion and need a rubber with a chip inside who can answer thousand learned questions to feel socially connected?

I saw this a while ago, I enjoyed it. But still just advanced programming, I am waiting until the robots/AI constantly rewrite their own code to learn and adapt. I think it will happen in networks though, different computers with different functions working together solving problems.

In my own thinking on AI, I've concluded that it will need to have that ability, to rewrite its own code. So when I started looking for a language to code an AI, I chose a language that has that feature (meta-programming): Julia. ( [julialang.org] )

I was predicting the merge of Japanese Love Dolls, Robotics, and AI almost 10 years ago. It is rather a sad thing I feel, but the tech behing the Love Dolls will ho a long way towards Androids that are human-like. The rest is engineers and coding. It will happen. It will bring some tough moral issues.

I was researching another issue and ran across someone who was concerned about robot rights. I didnt go down that rabbit hole

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.