Agnostic.com

12 5

Why ppl think the earth is flat

Haider 5 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is great.

Because they are contrarians... They say it to seem smarter than they are. Idiots.

Lifeless people has to believe in something. Someone in ghosts and spirits, some others in the existence of some sort of divinity, angels, devil. Some others believe being abducted by aliens. And here you go: people believing Earth is flat!

I was surprised when I recently discovered that non-institutionalized people thought the Earth was flat (and associated conspiracy disorders), and that I know some! A good bit of it is attached to the insanity of Christianity, but some are just into the idea of "secret knowledge", which is actually bogus knowledge.

Oh, it's got to be flat. How else could it rest on pillars?

We all know the earth is round, Like a plate..Don't fall off the edge

because they’re not very bright? sometimes, folks are silly

Lmfao yes!

Basically because it's what they are taught, sometimes quite forcefully or with some pretty serious scare tactics. That kind of thing leaves a mark.

AmyLF Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

Avoid these people at all costs! What a time/brain suck!!

Definitely!

Because they are dim ?

I try to make optimistic "excuses" for these people. They're skeptic at heart, they just lack the IQ to properly apply they're skepticism.

They are not at all skeptical about accepting highly imaginative contrivances from unknowledgeable "foilheads" that contrary to well established facts that we constructively use everyday.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.