Agnostic.com

9 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Life is reality, religion is fantasy. Finding meaning in what is actually real should not be that difficult

This question buys into the premise that only a Gawd can give purpose & "goodness" to life. Bah, humbug!

Life is meaningful, regardless of elision. Just the fact we are here and beat the odds is a great thing cause they’ll be so many people that will never be born. My life is what I make it.

Life is always full of meaning it presents you with challenges daily that you can learn and grow from ,you don't have to work at it. If you mean, how do you sort out what is real for you rather than taking what other people tell you how to think feel or act - then its just getting into a practise of looking at your options and deciding what feels the right way for you. If you want to balance yourself around love, for example, then its important to sort out what is 'not love' and make choices for yourself and not depend too much upon the opinions of 'other's.

True American Christian Patriots wouldn't care if Trump fucked their mothers and daughters. They would actually be proud of having such honor.
Not only he could kill anyone on Park Ave., he could also fuck anyone anywhere in this home of the free and the land of the brave.
Trump can shit on any altar in any church, they would still vote for him.
This is what religion does

Interesting article! IMO fife is like a movie - some people need a director. But really, it's one's own movie and one can do all what one wants within reason and capacity - you are the director, you hire the actors, you are the star. The approval of conformity is no prerequisite for fulfillment and happiness, but no freedom is free.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

Wait! You mean, i can keep my money for me? Cook dinner when i want to, or not? Do good or not as i see fit? Have a social conscience, vote, make political contributions/voting decisions based on what I see & feel? Have extra free time on Sundays & Wednesdays? Huh.

Life without Pinocchio ? Making Life Meaningful without the meaningless allegations of fiction ? All species find meaning in their lifestyles. A whale sings to other whales. MOCKINGBIRDs sing other species songs conquering territory by deception. Shamans deceived tribes with the invention of religions. My observation of our species primary trait and lifestyle is NURTURING. I OBSERVE our bodies hardwired to hold a baby a cat a puppy a doll in our arms and measure our blood pressure drop 20 points. Gender not withstanding even Alzheimers patients nurture the small mammal shapes in their arms held to breasts. I love to love this meaning.

Is not about god is about you... be selfish. You can love mankind and still be about yourself because if you don't nobody else will. Think about religion like a 20th century thing that was left behind and move forward without it. You ain't going to miss religion... I hope. Do your pleasure, do your fancy, whatever brings you joy. Whatever makes you human and happy to be human. Explore feelings, contacts, friendships, family. But be about yourself and let the one next to you do be about themselves. Do not sacrifice who you are for the sake of making somebody else happy. Is not going to make you happy.

@Stevil If you still got them and are functional, they got a leg over god... Because Nope... god no longer functional.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.