Agnostic.com

9 1

How are you celebrating MLK today?

A real hero of history and mankind. Younger folks just don't really know how it was when I was a child growing up and seeing what took place. I am so happy it took place and its better.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Best Pic I saw today!

I love it.

Although I admire Dr. King and his fight for equality, my bills and payments owed refused to give me the day off to go to parades and celebrate MLK day.

Sadly, I spent about 6 hours transcribing some notes for work. It sucked. I am glad, though, that I had a chance to share stories of his life and work with my elementary students before the long weekend.

Cool..

We don't celebrate the day where I live, I think most people outside the US don't, so I didn't know it was MLK day until just now when I notice that Trump is claiming he made it an official celebration today, when it's actually been an official celebration for decades.

Installing a shelf in my bathroom.

Be careful now...

@BucketlistBob Implying I can't do it perfectly?

@DUCHESSA. Lol.... I'm sure you can. I always have help when I have to extend my arms and hold things in position. My neuropathy is terrible. No offense my friend.

This is a low quality clip, but this is what you just made me think of 😀

@BucketlistBob LOL...I am not there....yet.

@BucketlistBob Look

@carlyhorton. I bet it's good... I just can't hear it.

@DUCHESSA. Alrighty!

@BucketlistBob Yeah, the sound is really low.

Mr. Roper: You know, you're lucky Jack. You can be pals with a woman, you don't have the same problem that a regular man has.

Jack: Like what?

Mr. Roper: Like you'll never have a wife nagging you. Not that I have anything against marriage. But, wives can be very demanding. They're always asking you to, er, to, to…to DO things.

Jack: What kinda things?

Mr. Roper: You know! Things! Things!

Jack: Like?

Mr. Roper: Like, er…

Jack: Like putting up shelves?

Mr. Roper: That's it! Like putting up shelves. That's it. And they're never satisfied. I mean, it's not like I never put up a shelf... maybe, I may not put up as many shelves as, er, some husbands, but… I put up shelves.

Jack: I'm sure you do.

Mr. Roper: If Helen had her way… I'd--I'd be putting up a shelf every night.

Jack: That's a lot of shelves!

@carlyhorton. Cool... thank you.

Working as little as possible, snarkily replying to tweets from the orange monster, and thinking how it would have been so much better if King lived longer.

Yes... your right there.

Charging up devices and dealing with chest pain yet loving life since I get to spend time with my loving wife and our to service dogs.

I'm sorry...

@BucketlistBob it's ok I do this daily since me and my wife are homeless and trying to get housing as well as many other things. Thanks for your concern though. It shows that some people respect others.

Taking care of two small humans with strep throat.

Awwww...your awesome!

@BucketlistBob Thanks, but I was going to be with them today anyway. Poor things are miserable. I'm really hoping I don't get it, too.

@KKGator. I hear you... I saw old people wearing masks at walmart today... smart!

Not celebrating but I don't do many purpose with a specific reason celebrations. I celebrate life every day. That is good enough for me.

Ok...

@BucketlistBob I am retired, I realize how different and important a day off for the worker specially if paid is... it is just lose glare and glamour once you retire. I lost perspective of the day off thing. My Bad because the man was and continue to be special and should be to all americans north-south, white-black-brown.

@GipsyOfNewSpain. I understand my friend...im retired too. Please don't be offended by anything I say...

@BucketlistBob You never had, Bro.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.