Agnostic.com

6 1

QUESTION Stutter - YouTube

I believe this song so greatly encapsulates my shyness to its extreme whenever I become nervous. I suppose even I gain a stutter. Felt it could apply even here where bashfulness can still rear its ugly head. Tis a work in progress. ...except I cannot seem to break the cycle. lol

Sadoi 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep when I'm nervous or uptight I have a slight stammer, strange you have uploaded this I have just been watching school for stammerers on TV..

I tend to fall prey whenever I am thinking too quickly and I am nervous combined. It only sticks around a few minutes because I am old enough now that I can sort of force myself into a calm place so that I can traverse the nervous twitch! lol

Grandma told me... "When you don't like the odds... Change the fucking odds more to your liking". I understand easier said than done. I used to stutter but my 2 older sisters in their teen themselves... started to prop me up. How my long neck, my skinny body was about to start growing up tall leaving behind the fat and the short. And my natural curls will be fine once I let them free and long. To think that as a child I first dressed up for my sisters to look at me. First time I ever realized that in all its might... WOW. I am just trying to get your mind off your troubles for a moment and to a happier place. Always keep in the back of your mind, happy moments to bring up when in need. Anything that gives you a smile. Stutter? drink some water... just a zip. I think stutter is rhythm issue. Deep breath is good. My sisters gave me the confidence I needed to be as special as I wanted to be. You are a special being and don't let anxiety take from you who you really are. Be vulnerable as any lady should be... We all are. But be strong and resilient at the same time you are vulnerable.

Its mostly social shyness in an unfamiliar setting for me. I can get over it relatively quick if I force myself to chill the f' out! lol

@Sadoi We all been thru social shyness and what will they think of me. Confidence comes from within. Some people make it an act. Other people just are because they couldn't live any other way. Perception of who you really are is very important. Nobody out there is better than you. Only you know how really great of a person you could be and is time you let the world surrounding you know that too. One person at a time and let that person spread the word of how cool you are. Word of mouth. Nobody knows you better, time to let others know that inner you aching to get out. When you are out of your comfort zone... bring the best you got to offer. Confidence is the way you feel next time of social shyness Confidence.

@GipsyOfNewSpain well the oxymoron is that I am extremely confident. Its more like I get flustered if I am not expecting attention, unwanted attention at the unwanted time, so to speak. In those moments, I get so bothered that the words can begin to jumble. haha

@Sadoi Well at least you didn't said at that point I just punch the guy. One time in Puerto Rico they made a 40,000 seat basketball arena the biggest disco in the world. The whole floor was the dance floor. Me and my buddies all dressed up in suits we started acting as if we were judging the couples dancing and taking names, etc, etc. So we met this young lady that asked our names my buddy said he was Clark so then I said I was Kent. I got punched real hard. ha,ha.

You recorded it?

no, that is a song.

Personally, I like shy people.

Really? Well, the funny thing is, I am an extrovert. I am a social butterfly, but I am Cautious in the beginning. I prefer to sit in the background and observe and if Anyone points the spotlight on me Before I am Ready to come out to mix and mingle, I can become shy and nervous and dodgy. I want to get away at those moments. If I am also forced to speak or hold a conversation, I cannot hide my shy nature. Sometimes I will honestly say nothing, turn and walk away. lol! It Has been known to happen. Even with my core group of friends, I have a reputation for vanishing. I just take off and go on random walks because I don't want to deal wit groups of people at varying moments. Or, if they have a pet, check there! My friends dog often goes to the basement where he sleeps in a finished half. The other night they couldn't find me for 30 mins. Finally someone said, "Where is Bailey?" the dog. When they found Bailey, i was laying down with my head propped up on the dogs torso, reading a book on the floor. The dog passed out. I just laid up against him like a pillow and pet him as i read. I prefer animals to people. People pay games. I do not trust them. Hence, why I Am Shy. I am Reserved, maybe? I am modest. And I prefer to Listen before I Speak. Its wiser. You learn More when you are the quiet one. And the quiet one usually formulates a clearer picture because no one notices what we see when we blend in to the point that we become nearly invisible. That is my preferred social presence: Invisible. HAHA its a most excellent time to be a tiny person! 😉

@Sadoi wow, I think ima I get older, u am becoming more and more like that.
I too, would gravitate to pets and kids.m when in a social scene
I am also becoming more and more a recluse.

The best advise I was ever given was to take a deep breath and use that time to prepare and form the sentence, remember that it is okay to be shy and just be yourself. When caught off guard I still stutter, but with time and practice I'm confident it will get better.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 15, 2018

Exactly. Like I said in the above response, it is mainly when I am caught off guard. But I was extremely shy until I hit around 12 years of age and I Only came out of my shell at that time because I was forced into it, otherwise, who knows! haha In time I became extroverted, but in times of unfamiliarity, I revert back to shyness and I can also become flustered when asked to verbalize if I am unprepared to do so. lol

Love the tempo, I bought myself a guitar when when we move here I intend to teach myself to play. I am writing a novel and that seems to exhaust my time. Liked the song thank you.

Do you like the other Stutter song? Elastica... ? You may recognize it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.