I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

I see some people talking about god as some jilted lover...agnosticism/atheism isn't a refuge for that, it's an excuse at that point.

God, just like the word Love, is an abstract idea shaped by a person's culture and experiences. Attributing adjectives to it, such as good or evil, from an atheists point of view seems kind of ridiculous.

Why do I see quite a few people on here still using those terms when discussing god?

LucifersPen 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is boring how many speak of gods at all here.

Let's look at the facts!

Humans starving to death on a daily basis! This GOD you're talking about has the power to get rid of this issue with less than a click (for us since he is above all that)!

A girl gets raped and she dies. She was a good girl so she goes to an imaginary place called heaven. after she dies! Her rapist stays alive, he recovers from his issues and asks the GOD for forgiveness and GOD, since he forgives everything, forgives! The rapist and the murderer of the poor girl are going to be in the same place until this GOD switches of the game? Really?? Like how high must you be to believe that? Like where do you get the power to believe that this GOD is something good? Apart from the 'o' between the 'g' and 'o' or 'o' and 'd'?
Furthermore, while the girl is getting raped along with 1000's other humans and animals, THIS GOD is just like 'yeah I could do something, but hey, what's the point? They still think I work in mysterious ways!

God can be found in Mudita
Loving and appreciating the success of others.

Well, God is a literary character so it's fine to give him an adjective like evil since he did some pretty evil and despicable things in the Bible.

Sethy Level 4 Jan 16, 2018

Don't we need to know who we are talking about? I still use the word God when defending my right to be an Atheist.

It seems God is also energy now. New Agers seem to like that too.

"God" always fit their narrative.

Different people are at different phases in their non-belief.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15582
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.