Agnostic.com

16 0

Comfort food

What is your comfort food?

Spag84 6 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There has to be chocolate involved or it's not worth getting fat from.

Carin Level 8 Aug 22, 2018

carbohydrates

Xena Level 6 Aug 15, 2018

Chinese food (American),

Chocolate...
take the part from Forrest Gump about shrimp just make it about chocolate
Chocolate, deep fried chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate dip, chocolate chips.......

Spoonbread
Homemade chicken tortilla soup
Homemade cream of mushroom soup
Gluten free mac & cheese with smoked cheddar & bacon

Fried herring with new potatoes

Mac and cheese.

Chocolate chip cookie with dark chocolate chips.

I buy just one great cookie from a quality bakery. Portion control.

Sausage. It keeps on giving without the need for forgiving. Don't need to know how its made, just savor the flavor.

Being Greek and a chef I go back to my roots. Spanokopita, gyro (yes, I can make it at home). Moroccan chicken, always Basmati rice to name a few.

I've not tried it but some people slice a Tomato thin, and put in the mac and cheese.
Another favorite is Tuna casserole, big wide noodles boiled,layered with campbells golden mushroom soup and three kinds of cheese(your choice),Tuna (2 cans),black olives,in the oven at 350F for about 60 minutes,yumm.

nothing is more horrible than tuna casserole...but YOU enjoy!!!!

I eat to live I don't live to eat sorry I don't mean to be a drag but I don't believe in comfort food food is not a way to entertain yourself make yourself feel better or as a hobby and that's why we have so many obese people in the United States is because everyone thinks that it's some kind of entertainment rather than just the way to stay alive again sorry to be kind of an a** I am the only person in my entire family who is height weight proportionate everyone else in my family is severely obese and I'm watching them slowly fall apart and die of all of these obesity-related diseases so I kind of have a hard-line attitude on eating for entertainment

Ok, Dinotopia.

Comfort food doesn't necessarily have to be unhealthy and full of fat, sugar, and grease. I understand your point, however, I love salsa and chips, homemade, and it's healthy too

@Crimson67 yes that was a very healthy home prepared omelette and that was my breakfast I did a particularly good job and that was one of the two meals that I ate for the day which added up to about 1500 calories it was not comfort food it was breakfast

@Crimson67, @sellinger. Eating for pleasure is a form of addiction

@Crimson67 I also have pictures about my home that I built and my different crafts cooking is just a form of craft I was simply trying to point out that we have a severe problem with obesity in this country we have an. Incredible problem with children onset diabetes out of the roof and I have watched so many people die because they can't get their food addiction under control I was simply trying to help people not hurt them but you obviously have a problem with being addicted to food so you know I threatened your crack food addiction and you responded with anger and I have no problem with eating healthy a proper three meals a day but the definition of gluttony is to eat in excess and if you can't admit that we have a problem in this country with obesity then it's like trying to argue with a Christian about their faith I can't get anywhere because you can't subscribe to logic and reason

@Drsmash253 nonono, food is not an addition, neither is water or sex, and any other nonsense therapists are spouting. Just an attempt to deny responsilibility. Obese people generally are raised by obese people. Denying food to someone for a day or two will not result in withdrawal symptoms. That's crazy

@sellinger I would consider it a form of mental addiction and yes it is a inability to control your own urges

@Drsmash253 mental addiction, ha! It's just a lack of willpower. Learned bad behavior. Reeducation is needed, not a diagnosis of addiction. Everything isn't clinical. Again. What happened to personal responsibility....

geez...feel superior and judgmental much?

@sellinger Food ADDICTION is a real thing buddy!!!! Get some facts would you?

@Xena I think a couple of people have made some very good documentaries about the obesity problem in our country people really are trained to eat very poorly here and I do agree with you that we really need some serious reeducation on our eating habits although sellingerl may be coming off a little hard line I think both of us are simply trying to point out the serious health problem we have in this country with our poor eating habits

@Drsmash253 listen, I agree that there is an obesity problem, however, I do NOT agree in food addiction. I've read plenty on the subject , and have a degree in psychology so I know food addiction is being pushed as a theory, and I don't buy it. Obesity is a behavioral problem not a mental problem.

@Xena judgemental? I'm not judging anyone here just stating my side. Sheesh. BTW, excellent argument lmao

@sellinger yeah I get you I don't want to split hairs over nomenclature my big issue is the obesity problem I can't argue that Society has a tendency to make people soft and you know there's a pill for everything and we have not learned self-control everything's about immediate gratification so just in general the psychology of this country is way out of whack

@Drsmash253 yup, you got that right ?

Mac and cheese mixed with 1lb of browned hamburger (your choice of fat content).

I sometimes fo the same. Polska kielbasa sausage grilled up and mixed in is good too.

Anything that’s already paid for

Ice cream, vanilla with chocolate sauce or honeycomb!

Whatever's in the fridge and quick and easy to fix.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156088
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.