Agnostic.com

10 2

Ever troll Jesus sites? When I used to play on G+, I made two profiles. One was your average Joe and the other was a rabid anti-theist. I would pop into the religious site/page as average Joe and ask questions, looking for answers to life’s troubles. I’d form a comfy relationship with the oh-so-eager bible thumpers and then quietly log out and log back in as Wordofgod (fsm avatar). WOG would warn Joe of the lies of the bible thumpers quoting their own book to prove it. The war was on. The page would fill up with their friends slinging scriptures at WOG. I would come back as Joe asking about WOG’s claims but the Jesus army was full of advice to save me from this intraweb Satan. I would go back and forth between Joe and WOG holding my own with the scripture. Slowly, agonizingly, Joe “saw the light” in WOG’s argument and Jesus’ little foot soldiers would lose Joe to the dark side. I would laugh until I cried. Good times, good times.

Wafflestomp 6 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was in first grade there were kids who would pull little girls’ ponytails just for the pleasure of watching them cry.

skado Level 9 Jan 16, 2018

I don’t know. I didn’t. @Wafflestomp

I did in Pride month on FB. Pride emojis all over the 2 pages until I got blocked off of both pages.

No, I’ve never trolled Jesus sites. I just really never had the time to, but I have made harsh comments on YouTube about Jesus anytime I came across a Christian video or had the time to lol.

I can completely understand your want/need to argue with theists. Sometimes...I can’t help myself either. However, I don’t believe you should ever do it just to frustrate them. Once their defenses are up, you can’t reach them with reason...it’s hard enough to do without making them defensive. Lol!
My point being that many of us, who are now atheist, began our lives steeped in religion. We eventually did see our way to using logic, reason, critical thinking, and skepticism to question the gods that were proposed to us. Most people are not completely beyond reason. It just takes a lot more time with some, as opposed to others. When we get frustrated and lose our ability to keep calm and collected in outlet argument, it gives them more fuel to throw onto their religious fervor fire.
Bees...honey...you know.

When Yahoo had chat rooms...I was "Assassins_Edge". I was a god killer. I know that there are expectations for tolerance. He had none.

I don't believe in hiding my identity or having multiple profiles. The shit I have to say I honestly believe and can support it with logic and reason. If that's not enough to work, I'm not going to waste any more time.

There was someone named Sally who would log into the same chat room through her desktop and her laptop at the same time, as Sally and Sally1 or something like that. So I thought, whoa, so we have a PC Sally and a Laptop Sally?

godef Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

I'm in 2 minds over this. The mischievous part of me is smiling but the sensible part is thinking 'life's too short' 🙂

What was the name of the website you were trolling? I might try it myself.

Well that's called sadism... Ha ha ha

I feel it might actually be masochistic. There's really no reaching most of those people and it's just the ultimate exercise in time wasting and repetition. So frustrating! There is pretty much never anyone on the other side capable of having a rational discussion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.