Agnostic.com

5 1

Escape From the System

Let's face it, we're slaves at the least; Cogs in a machine of self ruin, fastened and distracted by things we're told can save us. The Dark Web and its grip on life is a whole nother level of fucked so I'll make my point.

Does anyone ever just want to invest in a self-sustaining modern home, buld a fence and call it a life? Guess I just want to know how many people would join a new community like that somewhere.

I'd love to discuss.

• 3 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 7 votes
Morty_Frey 4 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've kind of done this...just in the city. Sadly, I'm sick so I need access to medical treatment 24/7/365.24. I'd love find 10 acers get a natural fence in and hid myself and my fur kids away....not going to happen till next life.

There's someone I love who I think suffers from the affects of "Agent Orange" passed down a few generations. Her heart is frail and she'll likely die before the age of 30. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for people dependent on modern medicine, to lead a fulfilling life away from it all. I'm glad you aren't alone, and can gurantee you'll be on to better things.

I'd go mad if I became a hermit, so that's right out.

I'm not 'content' with society, but as a person with chronic illnesses, I don't see my joining an isolated community as being any good for me or them.

We're already slaves to our baser needs. I don't care who's pulling the strings be it a self-important orangutan or some Jim Jones analog. They will all fail you in some measure.

Right. Anyone I could possibly gather are very likely to cause as many problems as they'd solve. We are bound to our luxurious needs, like a screen to look at for hours on end. It would take a genuine and flexible will to go through with such a plan of leaving at all. So, if I'll have to do it alone then so be it.

@Morty_Frey I can only wish you good luck. Preppers seem to have the most earnest advice.

community is essential for mental health

Yes we're social creatures but isolation only hurts because we know we don't have to live in it. It's when you accept that that's it, that you simply let go more.

@Morty_Frey ''you simply let go more" You mean of your sanity? I suppose it doesn't matter when you cease to be a social creature. Sanity is pretty subjective and if you live alone you can be as subjective as you like. 😀

@MsDemeanour Partially, yes. It does take a lot to get to that point as with any other kind of personal growth.
I feel it's more insane to invest in a broken system of men and monsters. Meanwhile, nothing can keep you from yourself at night...People leave, but you're your best asset.

@Morty_Frey gees I like that phrase "nothing can keep you from yourself at night" I find that really unsettling somehow. I suppose we all have our demons. Is this an original quote? I might steal it and make a meme.

@MsDemeanour Lol I'm sorry it's unsettling. Another light to see it is that your relationship with yourself and nothingness can also be assuring. It's a comfort in the right enviornment. Ultimately, you're completely maluable with enough determination. The silence of isolation will never change, and while it's hollowing...there's also a comfort knowing that it won't ever be any worse than how it first makes you feel.

It's original to me, but maybe someone else has said it. Meme away friend.

@Morty_Frey If you were a con man I would say you could make some $ starting your own sect. 😀

I already built the house, on an island, with a small acreage and a garden with some apple trees. It's all good.

do you need another wife?

Sounds awesome, I'd love to hear more about the kind of area you have this set up in. Clearly, I'm in the market.

@Morty_Frey I'm in the middle of the St. Lawrence River but on the Canadian side, you'd have to look into the American side.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:157043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.