Agnostic.com

12 7

LINK Jeff Sessions Argues That American Christians Are Facing Persecution - The Intellectualist

It seems that many Christians think that not being able to persecute others is in itself persecution, when it is mroe like freedom and equality, which is something they aren't really interested in. They want inequlaity and also to be the ones who have power over others.

snytiger6 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He feels persecuted because we can't enact and enforce biblical law (of his choosing.)

There are places in the world where practicing Christianity can cost you your life. America is not such a place. Christianity is shoved down our throats daily. He doesn’t know what persecution is. I would be happy to show him though, and the rest of the Trump administration.

Livia Level 6 Sep 1, 2018

"Our great tradition of religious freedom" is freedom from religion as well. The Xian Right forgot that (or pretended to forget it) decades ago.

More like they pretend that the freedom to not believe is even a part of religious freedom. In their minds if you dont' choose a religion than it isn't "religious" freedom.

American Christians are facing persecution because it says in their book that they will face persecution. That's it, cut and dried, plain and simple. You also have to understand that Christian is the only "true" religion.

As for Jeff Sessions, he's an ignorant little troll.

Just shoot me..
It never seems to get better.

I can't stomach watching Gollum.

I just watched the video. I didn’t hear Sessions say anything radical or out of line, and I didn’t hear him say that Christians are being persecuted. All he said was that religious people in general are having to weather secular influences in government and in society.

It is true.

You git that right.

Do they still feed them to lions?

godef Level 7 Aug 17, 2018

@irascible Then why are they whining?

Fuck 'em!

Poor babies! All 60-70% of them lol

Poor christians...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:157431
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.