Agnostic.com

14 2

What’s your thoughts on mega preachers?

I think they’re a joke, right along with the fake faith healers. You never see them in hospitals where the real sickness are. Getting back to mega preachers. They’re a joke for the simple fact they take Bronze Age myths and teach to the world by giving them false hope, even while they’re living high on the hogs and the same desperate people they give this false hope to still remain in a life of struggle while many of them struggle to keep their bills paid, let alone keep food in their homes. They hold onto this false hope, yet wonder why nothing in their life is changing for the better.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The exact and precise reason that I became atheist, total dick heads, without an once of compassion in their pathetic money grapping lives, but don't miss the point, there is no heaven or hell, so they still gonna die rich, anyway!

Greatest con artists next to politicians. selling a product to the brainwashed masses that cannot be seen till after death. avoids all complaints and refund requests.

They’re great at promoting a “personal brand”, many would have been successful self-help authors, and some put on an entertaining show. The most successful practitioners seem to succeed at all three.

I don't like any of them except one...Joel Osteen...and I know I know that sounds insane...but I like Osteen because of his positivity...he never says horrible things about others...and he trys to lift people up and he uses positive reinforcement...psychology....also my grandmother who has passed...liked him and he reminds me when my grandmother was here...I miss her dearly...

I could understand that. I always thought Jesse Diplantis was ok.

Can't stand them, they're tax-free con-artists and lying thieves.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but I think the followers are more foolish who spent there hard earn money to buy them Rolls Royces and private jets.

Ewket Level 4 Jan 16, 2018

They're a waste of time and money.

Money grubbing leeches !

An easy way to recognize a con game: 1) Someone makes an offer of easy riches or some kind of reward with very little effort. 2) They get the mark to invest in the scheme. 3) Whenever possible, they keep the con going by asking for even more money because the payoff is just around the corner. 4) They fail to deliver on the promise but keep the money anyway.

1. "God wants to bless you with riches and eternal life. It's simple. Just send in your seed of faith, and wait for the blessings to come your way." 2. The mark sends money, because surely God wouldn't lie. 3. "Thank you for your contribution, but it's not enough. This is an expensive ministry to maintain.
    Here's an envelope so you can send more." 4. "Sorry God didn't come through yet, but either you weren't faithful enough, or you're not quite ready for the reward in your life. No refunds no matter what."

As for faith healing, that's handled in my upcoming seminar. (Answer to the test question that will get you an easy "A": It's 100% fake).

So-called faith healers always seem to be able to "heel" maladies that cannot be seen. I want to see one grow back someone's amputated arm or leg.

Con men whom I wish ill fortune upon all the time. They should be exposed for the frauds they are, and I pity those that buy into their crap the most. Mega churches are a joke, and I'll not shed a tear to them falling victim to any "act of god" disaster.

There just thieves fooling stupid people

Why we need to have thoughts on them?

If you choose to answer the question.

If you choose to answer the question.

@EmeraldJewel Not answering the question. No thoughts of them.

Money money money is what I think when I see or hear one. (To the tune of the O'Jays)

Charlatans. Just like all the rest.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15751
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.