Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Toward a New Theology of Foreign Policy - TheHumanist.com

FTA: One can support Israel’s right to exist and US defense commitments to its ally while condemning Israel’s illegal colonial expansion into the West Bank and unconditional US support of it, whether motivated explicitly by religious nationalism or otherwise. Perpetuating conflict rooted in the competing religious narratives of the Abrahamic religions is a formula for disaster.

zblaze 7 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jewish scholars have pretty much agreed that the exodus story didn't happen. So doesn't that undermine their divine claim to the land? Also, you are considered a second class citizen unless you prescribe to their state sanctioned religion. Based on these two, I do not support this country or it's "right to exist". Holocaust was horrible, but I don't see us creating a nation-states for gypsys, handicap, or any of the other groups that were targeted. I will say that if the land grab and genocide stopped, and all citizens of the nation were see as equal in the eyes of the government (essentially remove the whole religion aspect and influence), I would be more supportive.

I concur. I have said for years now that to disagree with a policy of the Jewish state does not make you antizionist. It just means that you do agree with that policy. Not the entire Jewish state concept.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:158326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.