Agnostic.com

5 0

Polamory=Polygamy?

I notice these new people on the scene call themselves polyamorous but usually consists of one male two or more female isn't that technically polygamy.

JessV 4 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Polyamory is more than two people having a personal and sexual relationship, usually living together. Polygamy is one person married to more than one person, which is illegal in most states.

There may be some overlap, but I think polygamy/bigamy would require a larger commitment than an open relationship. Marriage itself as defined by law in most countries is just between two people, and that is all that is really legally "official". Outside of marriage polyamory is just an open relationship.

I think were missing the point we r animals that do things a certain way for a reason how come polys and monos r aloud to corrupt it

JessV Level 4 Aug 19, 2018

It's not polygamy unless they are married, and polyamorous people usually just have multiple lovers, or take casual lovers on the side, with the permission of a regular partner..nothing official.

I was referring to polygamy in nature such as gorilla with multiple females and I male. But it does differ in the way that t hey r separate where humans live in vast societies

Polygamy is not exclusive to humans other animals have one male and multiple females

@JessV With animals, it's called "Polygyny."

I think it's to sound more palatable to Christian orientated people.

JessV Level 4 Aug 18, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:158541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.