Agnostic.com

1 0

Isn't this Catholic Church news about child abuse enough to believe there is no god?

I mean come on, if there was a god, wouldn't he have done something about all these priest? Oh let me guess, it was God's plan. Hmmm. Kind of tired of that excuse after every school shooting.

John1965 3 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think most Christians feel God loves pedophiles, since they're so eager to vote for them and vouch for their character "otherwise". I think a lot of them feel it a victimless crime because it never happened to them and it never happened to their kids. I truly think some of them feel that as long as there are no "consequences" (i.e. a pregnancy), did it even actually happen? My grandpa was a pedophile and any of the little girls that tried to out him were silenced in a variety of ways, the favorite of course being victim blaming and calling them liars. He continued to go to church as did his wife during many years of this behavior. Their lives revolved around him avoiding exposure and punishment. My mother was certain God would look on her father's heart and forgive him, even though he molested one of her children. I guess you can rationalize anything when you want to, and that would include that God really isn't that unhappy with pedophiles...but somehow he freaks out over gay adults? Whatever.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:159216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.