Agnostic.com

14 3

Did you ever have to make-up your mind & choose b/t two lovers?

Did you make the right choice?

atheist 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. One of those delightful dilemmas.

I was with one person for a few years, who was good friends with another person before I met him. I became friends with this other person, and we all hung out together. Fell for the other one too, and ended up with him. We still all remained friends, and used to sing "My Best Friend's Girlfriend", by the Cars, as a goof.

Years later - though we're in different states , and they both have mates, who I've met and like as well - we're still all friends !

I have committed the sin of calling one by the other name. It is a Big Sin... specially because in my life they always know of the other. From the "if you get off this bench to fix her tire we are finish". To "the two by the door of a club in front of the other and I can see a shoe coming out of the foot of one and I can't walk out of the place". To a cousin "making fun of the second to visit, didn't you were here an hour ago? you look alike". But the young lady that became my wife will enjoy the "he is mine and I fight anybody for him". Bad reputation to have when the girls know... his GF will fight you. It was the 70's... this is a new me. No longer in the need to expand my reach. And that was my problem exactly I never choose... I took and did.

@atheist No choose... you juggle both until you get caught. And then you move to the third that been waiting on a hotplate for weeks. Never choose. I don't know if men forget.... but I know women don't forget and because of that they will make the decision for you when you least like it.

@atheist If you want to have fun... you have to work the angles... like in "Carlitos Way" ...if you don't get in.... you don't get it. You can lie the other exist until they are face to face. Is up to your ego if your ego can handle the pressure of two possible suspects to your murder. That is how my ex-wife put it to me. "You broke my heart twice... if you break it a third time I am going to murder you... so you can walk out now with your life or stay until you give me reasons to kill you and I will kill you.". I am alive so I chose well. Don't be so lazy... live life.

@atheist I am 64 and I still play with matches. But I had lived my life minimizing drama and walking away as soon I see that ugly face.

@atheist If it will get me laid with the right female demon I will set my balls on fire. It is called commitment to the cause. he, he, ha, he,he, he, ha.

@atheist Like the redneck that do fishing with dynamite sticks will say... Are you here to get laid or are you here to argue? he, he, ha. I hope you heard the joke before. Peace.

Nope. My strategy was more "heat-seeking missile" than anything else. I took a long time selecting a target, aimed well, and never missed.

@Naeem Windbags full of hot air turn me off. 😉

It all comes down to price all things being equal.

@atheist , everything costs something. Time, effort, emotion. Always difficult to quantify when emotion is involved.

Nope, but apparently many women have chosen the other guy over me. One woman even called me and bragged about it. Stay classy. The nice plot twist was that she said that he was her dream guy and perfect in every way... and then he cheated on her. So, in the vein of The Last Crusade, "She... chose... poorly."

Sethy Level 4 Jan 17, 2018

If it looks like a rat, sounds like a rat, smells like a rat... must be a rat...
[divorcedgirlsmiling.com]

Been dealing with #2 which morphed to #3... not pleasant.
It all starts from the 80/20 relationship rule... Cheat to find that missing 20%... pretty sad.
Thing is... over 80% of women that cheat the first time, will cheat again... it's in the brain chemistry of "feeling in love" constantly chasing that high.

It's not you bud... it's them.

Three. I finally quit trying and let them decide. It worked out just fine. I've been with her for 27 years now.

Two of them finally did.

No. I don't put myself in those positions. If I'm dating someone then I'm with them. If I don't want to be with them, then I'm not with them. I don't start messing with others while I'm in a relationship or really just dating one person. Not judging others. Just telling it how it is for me.

Unfortunately yes, in college. My boyfriend wasn't fully committed and took me for granted. He was immature. I met Bruce while taking an intersession architecture class where we traveled all over New England uniting us on an academic level. We dated till the end of the semester and things fizzled over the summer. He went on to be an author and still lives in NH.

no, and I'm glad about that

not me but I'm lucky

I was never popular enough for that to be a realistic concern.

Not for a long time but yes, more than once. One time I made the right decision and the other time I remember I did not.

@atheist Grr, after thinking about this a little, I remember a third time. I'm 1 for 3 but then again it might not have worked either if I made the other choice. These were all in college or in my 20's. And thanks for the compliment. 🙂

I did, and I felt later like I’d made the wrong decision, but everything has worked out for the good.

No.. But I had been on the other side though. Ended up being ditched. Lucky me. Ha ha.. The other guy happened to be my friend and we still continue to be good buddys.

Trust your gut... 16 years married...
"Not fair to you"
"Just want to be friends"
"No time machine"
"It is what it is"
Her loss.

Don't even want to think about this...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16000
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.