Agnostic.com

8 11

LINK Database of Priests Accused of Sexual Abuse

Astounding numbers. Likely right under your nose, or the nose of someone you know. Searchable by state and diocese.

empirical 6 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which is EXACTLY why the Catholic church SHOULD pay for as much of HUMANITIES evacuation of Earth, 'cause if this Christ(CRYST) character DIDN'T see the NEED for HUMANITY,
to EVACUATE Earth! UNLIKE his BIGGOTTED ass, I've INCARNATED here NOW, to AWAKEN all of HUMANITY. To this FACT, if we're TOO inbred to see it, if WE stay i9n OUR cradle(Earth).
It WILL become OUR grave! Well, EITHER bye OR later?!

Deer hunters go to the forest to find deer because they live in the forest. Child molesters go where the children are so they can molest them. What better than a church full of kids who are sent them all the time ? What better to be than someone who the parents and community have trust in ? Child molesters go where the children are. Religion has nothing to do with this. Same goes for teachers and summer camp counselors, and the like. Protect your children . Be wise and guard them .

Glad somoen took the time to put it together...

Here's a problem I see with this listing; it is not only priests that are involved. The FFRF Black Collar Crime posting lists a lot of other denominations as well. [ffrf.org] Priests are the worst but then the Catholic church covers the whole globe and is a more unified institution.

I keep posting copies of the FFRF's Black Collar Crime list wherever I can. I think it is a very useful work.

@zesty More people need to be aware of this crime and the more of us telling about it the better.

My high school principal is on there. Never liked him. He formed an all male choir my senior year, but I wasn't invited to join. Former bishop in my old diocese knew about a rape and the subsequent abortion perpetrated by one of his priests, transferred him to other parishes, twice, and will face no consequences. My college Alma mater is renaming dorms named after previous bishops implicated in this, which I applaud. I am delighted to be an atheist these days.

Both of the priests I knew while we attended church here are on there. Neither has explicit convictions. Looks like lots of suspicions.

I don’t recall specifically, but I thought when I first opened it that it said the people on the list were did not deny the allegations.

I had a childhood friend who was in a sexual relationship with a priest for years. She was 14 when it started.

"REDICK" I just don't understand why suppress sexuality in religion, that is why I am convinced that if you are not having a somewhat sexual relationship, you probably could go mad and do unbelievable things to children, it's all apart of their cult anyways...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.