Agnostic.com

31 4

Was there a school teacher who made the most impact in your education?

Some of us despised school. Some of us loved it. I kept busy with sports and did my own thing. I was impressed with many a teacher. One such gave good advice. Mr. Robinson, my 7th grade English teacher. He said something like: always challenge yourself as you will find you learn more about yourself every single time. That has resonated with me for its simple truth. The results don't have to be positive all the time, but from failure we learn how to succeed.

Was there a particular teacher that made an impact in your life?

MyLiege 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I posted this months ago. I was always the teacher's pet. I had many teachers I really loved learning from. Basically all of them in high school, except my Biology teacher. He was rude.

@Sarahroo29 ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ sorry for repeat posting...

No worries, it happens.

Was a tough case in school. I had one teacher get to me she showed me a way to learn like no one else could. She would have me teach another pupil the material. If I were able I would like to thank her for making me smarter than the average bear.

2 Teachers... 1 in high school senior year, I was a late transfer 2 weeks into the year from another school, showed with big afro, out of uniform, attitude, she went on how she will always get the worst, problematic students, I was trouble yes, Spanish class. Literature. I treated her with respect and gave her no lip. At the end of the year She in front of the class apologized to me for behaving like that on the first day of class with her. The class was about old castilian literature "Lazarillo de Tormes", "Poema del Mio Cid" and I was the only one on class that could figure it out that old language. Is like trying to read and understand Olde English. Don't ask me why but I loved that old language. I had read it before because it attracted me. Found myself comfortable around it. The other teacher in college Humanities 102 I think on summer period at night. Because my minor was in art history. She allowed me to give the class about the Renaissance Plastic Arts. I had books and all you can imagine. She was very happy and so my partner students. At night almost everybody works during the day. On the final test... it was open ended questions... 3 questions for you practically do an essay. 1 question was Describe the 3 Plastic Arts in the Renaissance period. I went to town in paints and sculpture, I forgot about architecture... But she did not discounted any points because she knew I knew the material. Different teachers, very different but at the end I was treated Fair by both. I am kind of not bother much during the journey, I am the end kind of guy when it comes to education.

It was a Book for me, not an school teacher...
Man Search for Meaning by Dr. Frankl

Professor Oscar Farenga / History. He gave a "0" to all his students the first day of class and said: Only your work can change this "0" to a "10".
The debates in his classes were like the ones in the Congress.

I had Prof. Faqrenga the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of high school. Colegio Nacional de Vicente Lรณpez, Bs. As., Argentina.

It's nice how a good teacher can shape young minds. For me it was Ms. Starks in 6th grade. She taught me to respect myself and not be ashamed of intelligence. You are the people you associate with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.