Agnostic.com

6 0

Your soul, do we have one.

Do you believe in the idea of a human soul? I do in a sense. Like a battery. When the battery loses it power it dies.

Teterbilt 6 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I do I do and if I don't then I don't

No, people are the most advanced animals on the planet, skin, bones, muscles, organs that's it. The concept of a soul is a religious crutch. It does not exist.

Why, exactly, do i need one?!

Soul. Essence. Spirit. Energy. Whatever you call it, yes, I have that. And I believe it continues after our body/shell ceases to function. Death is just a passage way.

For humans to have a soul, all living things would have one too. That makes heaven pretty crowded.

A soul, human or otherwise is a meaningless concept that is unverifiable, unfalsifiable and has no utility.

Do identical twins have half a soul? Do dizygotic (merged fraternal twins) people have two souls in one body? The only aspects that might distinguish a soul is it's personality and memory. Outside of one's lifetime, what would be the meaning of that personality and its memories?

I don't know. I thought I did, even after I left Catholicism. But, I guess I still have a lot of stuff to ponder.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.