Agnostic.com

10 2

How many people have a electric vehicle?

dc65 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What kind of a heater does an electric car have?

Two of mine were resistance heaters (like a hair dryer). Great that in 30 seconds I have hot air, not so great that it uses so much electric. The third uses a heat pump. It takes almost a minute for hot air, but more efficient than the hair dryer.

@ownworstenemy Thanks I have wondered that for many years. How would an epic car do on the hill of SanFrancisco?

@Leutrelle electric cars are everything between novelty, and full function. I think all production cars are capable (rated) at 80 miles on up to almost 300 miles. They are all capable of highway speeds, but electrically limited top speeds. Both of mine are limited at about 90mph, for arguments sake the tesla I think is limited at 155mph. With that said hills are no problem, but do use more wattage to climb, just like a gas car would use more gas. The easiest way to put it, how far can you go on 2 gallons of gas? That's the start of what it's like with an electric. Different models have different features and efficiencies and battery sizes and that's where cost plays a big role. But speed and acceleration are not a problem, just costly to your current state of charge.

@ownworstenemy I can see myself getting one for town driving. Something like a dmv rated gulf cart.

@Leutrelle Smart Fortwo ED is a pretty cool little dmv rated golf cart sized car. It had the best heater out of the ones I've owned. Can practically turn around in a parking space, plus unbeatable visibility.

@ownworstenemy I will google it, and thank you for sharing.

None Feets don't fail me now!

I currently have two, have owned a third that was traded in. Can't get any cheaper for traveling!

Where do these people think that we are magically going to get the electricity from, ??? bye a bike the future is NOT to travel, but work from home. manufacturing done by robots, ,

I have an electric scooter. 900w currietech. 15 mph. Not good for the road...but great for short trips.

I'd love for my next car to be an electric car, those Teslas look pretty spiffy. It's the cost and scarcity of charging stations that are big inhibitors right now. I'll wait till the technology becomes more common, advanced, and affordable. It'll be like 5 years minimum before I'll need a new vehicle anyways.

Ya me too. But in ten years I think it might be a good time to buy, unless you can dedicate a car for short trip around town.

I'm halfway there. I only have an old Prius.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

I don't but am actively researching for my next vehicle, it may take a year or 5 but I do want electric next time

If I lived in a city, I wouldn't mind owning one, though it would limit my travel options significantly. Maybe an electric scooter would suffice. Hmm…

I have one and I don't plan to buy a second one

dc65 Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

ant special reason?

@btroje Electric cars are good if you don't have to drive long distances .there OK for a second vehicle but I used my diesel truck when I travel and I want to travel more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.