Agnostic.com

9 0

I am interested in what type of auto's you drive. My wife and I own a 2004 Buick LaSabre, and 2012 Honda Ridgeline. The Buick gets about 30mpg, and the Honda gets about 20 mpg. The Honda is all wheel drive, and we need it for Winter in the mountains of Idaho.

Leutrelle 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

83 Celica. I get about 30 mpg. It’s been in my life for 35 years. My parents bought it new.

Though I’m putting a bigger engine in it in a month or so.

It’s my Baby. @SteveB

My stepmom only drove her to work and back, for the first twelve years. Then she sat for about six years or so, maybe driven twice a year. I got her in 2003.

I love that car. She’s got two plates on her underside. Rear wheel drive. I’ve taken that car to places most people won’t take their truck.

Sorry, it I can talk about my car. Lol@SteveB

@Annaleda How has the body, and interior held up? I used to repair that vintage of Toyota.
They were a solid car as I remember. That sounds like a keeper.

I’ve let her go. I’ve dinged her a little, scrapes and scratches, and I took the fuel door off last year (inside lever broke). I take her back country, deep into woods and desert. Inside she’s good. Broken speaker plate and a cracking the dash, but other than that, I had seat covers on most of the time. Only the last couple years, they have fallen apart.

There were attempted thefts, and too many inquiries into selling, I quit maintenence. Except under hood.

😉
@Leutrelle

@Leutrelle and the right rear light plate is gone. I was rear ended ten years ago. I have a plexiglas thing over it. Lol. I actually found one for $100 last month. Idk, what I have works. 🙂

I got a mean Hyundai Getz 1.1 beast

Is 1.1 the engine size?

yes, its all power. it's the nut behind the steering wheel that counts.20 to 50 mpg depending on how I drive her. suzuki bandit 600cc too

@LeighShelton Sounds cool fellow nut🙂 I remember working as VW mechanic in the 60's and a little tiny Honda auto in came looking for someone to service it. It had an air-cooled engine that looked very much like a 750 Honda motor cycle engine. Man I wish I would have picked up as a collector.

I love my car

2015 Mazda3, 35-40 mpg

My Buick Century died. I am tooling around in the roomate's 1992 Ford Ranger. If the 4WD would work it would be a champion instead of a liability on these winter roads.

4WD is really nice when you need it. I spent many years in Montana with 2WD. If you load a few sand bags in the back it helps give it more traction. If you get stuck on the ice just take some of the sand and put it under and in front of the back tires.

'98 Mustang Cobra with a million mods getting about 8mpg.
'16 Mitsubishi Lancer getting around 20 I think.

I had an 01 Buick LeSabre. It always amused me how that boat of a car got better gas mileage than many of the compacts my friends bought trying save on gas. Lol

Crazy isn't. That Buick seems to run for ever too!

@VirginCotton 18? Is it all city driving? May want to have it checked if not. I did lose mileage over the years, but was still averaging 28ish when I gave it to my sister last year.

@BackToReality I was going to say in rural driving back an forth to town, my milage really stayed about the same. Idaho freeway speed limit is 80mph, and 30mpg was the norm. The engine is a 3.8L. I don't accelerate hard, but it is kinda of a granny car. All I ever do is change oil and filters. But even with big city commuting I think it should average a lot more than 18mpg.

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac got it from my ex in-laws 1 1/2 years ago and it had 25K miles on it! It now has over 52K miles 😉 MPG somewhere around 21 for highway.

Sounds like your lovin it. With proper service it should run for many more miles.

2017 ford escape
2003 Suzuki intruder 800
1973 triumph spitfire
1994 Plymouth voyager

1973 triumph spitfire... Nice.

I love those old English sports cars.

@Leutrelle It's taken 2 years, but I'm almost done with a total restoration and upgrades.

I drive a BMW 320d. It gets around 45mpg but has an engine limiter that holds it at a maximum speed of 155mph. It's rear wheel drive so wouldn't do well on icy mountain roads!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.