Agnostic.com

3 0

Isn't funny that each religious church believes that their form of religion is the only true one?

I continue to wonder why every different church considers their church the best way to attain heaven or whatever their ultimate goal is. An eternity seems like a very long time to be worshiping a god. They never question what the afterlife might be like. My catholic friend sees it as a place of wonder where everyone meets their friends and family for a great time. Fiction at best.

Marine 8 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's how they maintain control. If you're allowed to question, they're afraid you'll leave. That's primarily in the fundamentalist factions, though. Or if you're in a cult. Same difference, IMO.

"An eternity seems like a very long time to be worshiping a god."

If there were a god, would it really need (or even care about) the feckless forms of worship from beings so beneath it? Why is worship, the very thing that no person should give to any one or any thing, considered virtuous? Do I want my children to worship me? And what does it say about a father who does? Worship is dread and fear and awe, until we dare to look behind the curtain and realize how foolish we were.

If there were a heaven, it would, in my view, be populated by those whose knees are no longer dusty and who stand erect, looking directly at whatever is before, never bowing to any being, mortal or divine. If that describes hell to some, so be it--it doesn't exist either.

Good ideas.

When we finally figure it out we won t be able to tell anyone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.