Agnostic.com

13 4

Your thoughts on Hyperianism?

A new...let's call it a "religion" (or maybe ideology) has come up called Hyperianism. It's led by a man named Morgue. From watching a few videos the summary I can gather of his claim is that we all consist of a mathematical code and our individual souls live within the code as well and it helps change the universe and what not. That what we see is just a mirage.

I don't believe in it, it's just been interesting to watch his videos and explain his theories and such. But it sounds and reminds me of just a religion probably based off of making a profit for himself. And to kind of be a cool and "edgy" new thing to do. I'm curious on your thoughts on it?

LadyStardust96 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every single theory he talks about is also on Ted talks. So there are physicists that explain these theories in detail on Ted talks.
Quantum Physics, the origin of the universe, the nature of the universe, living in a simulation etc.
If you think Hegel and Euler are wrong I guess that’s fine.
Morgue didn’t just pull this out of his ass.

He presents all of this in a form that people can understand. It’s not a cult if the same stuff if on Ted talks from Physicists.

People don’t listen and research what Morgue says. Hey if it’s not for you that’s fine but it still won’t change the nature of the universe.

You guys should check out [demonstongue.wordpress.com] It's a blog dedicated to teaching Hyperianism in layman's terms.

What for me rings the loudest alarm is that this is all coming from one man, the self-styled Morgue. As a gay man I found more to dislike in his video (on YouTube) "Right and Wrong Do Not Exist," in which he describes being gay as "a lifestyle choice." His videos and the website all have more of the hallmarks of a cult than of a religion.

Well I'm someone who needs a religion but sadly I haven't got one , none of them seem feasible and to be honest all rather stupid so I'm keen to find something that I can adhere and anchor to which I feel would make me a happier person, the Hyperianism (cult ?) ticks a lot of boxes for me as I lean towards there is a probable scientific explanation for our existence that we just can't grasp so I'm tinkering with the idea of becoming more involved with it, I'm looking at other peoples comments and reviews just to get a feel , I'm obviously concerned that Morgue is just making money out of us however He's got to make a living just the same as your local vicar / priest....any thoughts guys ?

So, my take...I was raised Hardcore Catholic. I stopped believing around 17-18. That being said, after doing years of research and thinking, I believe everyting in the Bible, however, I believe the interpretations of what happened was a direct result of extra-terrestrial beings visitining/helping earth. For those times there is no othere way to explaion such great beings. I feel MOST...but not all, ancient text speak the truth of what happenec through primiative eyes. Unfortunately, over the course of history and man's greed, ambition, and desire for power, the oringal teachings and messages have been distorted/perverted. I've been doing this for two years and being a man of science the extra-terrestrial theory of interpretation actuallly makes sense!

I bought his books because i thought that some of his perspectives were refreshing and logical, but i agree they never seem to get to a point.
Book Zero is actually a rather good book and it has several excellent parables for understanding certain aspects of life, but it also proposes some very weak solutions and shows some cult-like dialogue toward the end.
The Metaphorical Suicide is basically a long rant about why religion is bad with some bits mixed in about how he personally conquered its devastating effect on his life through... performing.

"Your thoughts on Hyperianism?"

I've never heard of it so please enlighten me...

"A new...let's call it a "religion" (or maybe ideology) has come up called Hyperianism. It's led by a man named Morgue."

Why do these leaders always seem to have funny names rather than names like Dave r Kevin? That is already enough to make me skeptical.

"From watching a few videos the summary I can gather of his claim is that we all consist of a mathematical code and our individual souls live within the code as well and it helps change the universe and what not. That what we see is just a mirage."

Well unless this great intellect can actually explain precisely what a 'soul' might be (they never do - they only say what it isn't or what it does) then their claim is entirely untestable & therefore totally worthless.

"I don't believe in it, it's just been interesting to watch his videos and explain his theories and such."

'Interesting' is an opinion not a demonstrable fact.

"But it sounds and reminds me of just a religion probably based off of making a profit for himself."

Yep me too!

"And to kind of be a cool and "edgy" new thing to do. I'm curious on your thoughts on it?"

Things may seem very very cool & very very edgy but so what if they cannot be proven or disproven either? That makes it worthless.

Paul Level 5 Oct 22, 2017

If you make enough research you certainly can cull some "tidbits of logic" on anything.

There was an article with regards that "mirage theory" posted some days ago.

As I've always said, religion is the most successful business enterprise in the world.

silvereyes : In the year 1896 our national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal, was arrested and executed by firing squad in the city plaza, witnessed by international correspondents, because of his views against the administration of the Spanish colonizers and the Catholic Church which are actually one and the same.

Sounds to me like a version of The Matrix movie series.

Same here, the images of Neo and Agent Smith and his clones fighting just keeps flashing in my mind!

Sounds like mumbo jumbo crap to me, there is no such thing as a soul there is a consciousness that lasts only as long as your brain lives but, is gone when it dies. Clearly Morgue is making his living by fleecing the dim witted sheep.

The false premise is that there is a soul. What happens after death? [facebook.com]

Thanks for the link . . . but I couldn't access it. Maybe just a glitch in our side of the internet. I'll keep trying

I think VictoriaNeuronote has it nailed. It might be good for a few shits and giggles, though.

SamL Level 7 Oct 17, 2017

How do we know were code

I think you are absolutely right in thinking that it is an attempt to produce a new "religion" of sorts, and making a profit for himself, or more likely garnering a following is the motive. Anyone who will speak of "souls" is really trying on the religious cape.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.