Agnostic.com

7 0

Is it just me or are these "In Memory Of ..." windows decals on automobiles the epitome of inelegance?

antitheism 6 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't mind them much, though I wouldn't use them, probably. I agree with those who mentioned the roadside memorials, though.

I agree. Mourning used to be private & dignified. I blame the celebrity culture we live in, as well as the "reality" shows--everyone now needs to publicize deaths, conceptions & finding out their fetus's gender.

Carin Level 8 Aug 27, 2018

What gets to me is that on most of the sites where you can order these it says something like

In loving memory

followed by

Your name here

You just know, loads of people have got them sent back with their own name on them

it's just a different frame of mind. They don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Actually I think they do care as they must have some reason for making their bereavement public-- they are, I suppose, expecting people to react in a certain way.

@Carin Possible. Maybe they just want to see the name a lot so they don't forget. Maybe they want other people to know they cared. Maybe they hope someone who knew the person will see it.
What I meant is, they don't care whether or not some city slicker thinks it is appropriate.

It is a memorial to a loved one. I don’t care if they do or don’t have a sticker. They’re honoring the lost loved one just as I honor my son with my tattoos, albeit, my memorials are permanent.

Tattoos are also very personal, unlike window decals. I'm so sorry you lost your son--I can't begin to imagine how awful that was.

@Carin it just stays awful, too 😟

What fresh horror is this? I haven't seen this. Must be a southern thing.

No it's here in CA too. Also T shirts with the same sort of message.

No, crosses on roadsides are the epitome, but the memorial pasties are pretty fucking crass.

JimG Level 8 Aug 26, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.